“Popped in for quick pint” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 122 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Hot Dogs, cuisine.name.191
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert, Street Food
Description: The Hub St Ives is situated in the heart of the town, we are a well established feature on the harbour front and an essential stop off for great coffee, fabulous cakes and amazing food. In the evening we are the ideal place for fantastic burgers or just to sip cocktails or sample one of our local and international craft beers and watch the world go by. We have a modern menu of really delicious burgers made in house from aged Cornish rare breed beef, a range of local seafood and seasonal specials. Our hot dogs are New York style but produced in the UK using 100% free range pork, oak smoked and seasoned with paprika, nutmeg & black pepper. Our burger and hot dog buns are produced by artisan 'Baker Tom' and delivered fresh everyday. As you can see our food is something we are fiercely proud of. Breakfast served between 10am and 11am Main menu served from 12noon Kitchen closes 9pm Bar open until late
surbiton england
“Popped in for quick pint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Excellent range of craft beers on keg,cask and bottle.
Didn't eat but menu was interesting and varied enough to satisfy everybody
Nice balcony area overlooking the harbour

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bristol
“Love this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've just come back from a week in St Ives, and HUB became a firm favorite with me, my girlfriend, and her two kids. They've completely revamped the place, and it now has a trendy bar type feel to it, BUT with the added bonus of amazing food - including a number of pit BBQ dishes.

Everything we ordered was properly home made - even the nachos were made from proper flour tortillas - none of this Doritos out of a bag. And the burgers - to die for! Had two "Big Kahuna" burgers, and they were the best I've ever tasted - and I love burgers! Massive portions, proper homemade chips, homemade onion rings, pulled pork - it's making my mouth water thinking about it. They also do an excellent value kids menu, which includes a drink and a lolly for dessert.

Must also mention the stunning selection of craft beers - recommend the Brooklyn Lager. Craft beer, and real "Man vs Food" type grub - I was a very happy man!!

Camborne, United Kingdom
“Authentic American BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Have travelled the US extensively and this place is the closest to American type BBQ and burgers. Great value, child friendly and very tasty. Live locally and will be visiting again and again. Please don't change!!

Devon
“Best burger in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I don't normally like eating burgers but we arrived in St Ives late and wanted a beer and something quick and easy. I had the Chili burger (lip smackingly tasty with a good chili kick to it), my husband had the Mr Kimchee which was delicious, and our son had the chicken burger. We had some local beers and tucked in with gusto. It was by far the best burger I've ever had. Very affordable, we'd go again!

Southampton
“Easy Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were staying in St Ives for a few days over Easter and of course needed to eat over the course of the stay. We had been to a number of restaurants of the course of our stay, but the Hub doesn't book turn up sit or wait and sit then eat and drink. This arrangement suited us for the night in question as we hadn't booked anything and wanted a relaxed night.

When we turned up there were free tables so we just grabbed one on the ground floor there is an upstairs where the toilets are located. Once you have decided what to eat just pop up to the bar and order. The menu is in line with a american burger joint, ribs, chicken, burgers etc, we chose the beef chilli nachos to share and then I had a Cheese burger to follow. The beef chilli nachos were quite good but they were very fried, the portion was quite large and beat the two of us. The burger then followed, this was a handmade burger and hand cut chips and was very nice.

I would go back to the hub but I suspect in the summer it's very busy and you will have to wait for a table to become free, but they service is quite fast so I would imagine that the wait is not massive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere