Stayed for two nights whilst attending a wedding in Port Isaac. Hotel is on top of cliffs about 4 miles drive from Port Isaac. From the patio outside the bar/dining room excellent views over the sea and had lovely view of sunset. We had room in converted stable block, not huge but comfortable with largish bathroom. TV a bit outdated and speech a bit crackly. Not many plugs so doubling up had to be done, only slight moan is that the path outside window is gravel and at 0630-0700 when staff arrive to go in to kitchen area shoes make a lot of noise!!
Restaurant was excellent home grown vegetables and locally sourced proteins all delicious.
Manager very helpful in telling us about Port Isaac shuttle a local taxi - it wad a minibus and charge was £2pp to go down to Port Isaac, definitely a good option as parking very limited in the port, main car park a good half mile up a step hill on way out if town.
Very enjoyable stay would definitely recommend it for couple, maybe not for those with young children, as quite a long way to beach etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful converted Victorian residence, now s stunning boutique hotel with 3 acres of gardens overlooking port Isaac Bay where Doc Martin is filmed starring martin Clunes in the fictional village of Portwenn. Overlooks some 30 miles of coastline ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your The Longcross Hotel & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Longcross Hotel And Gardens
- Hotel Long Cross
- The Longcross Hotel & Gardens Port Isaac, Cornwall