“A Truly Delightful B & B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lane End Farm

Lane End Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Isaac
Lane End Farm
You added Lane End Farm to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Pendoggett, Port Isaac, England   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Port Isaac B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Solihull, United Kingdom
“A Truly Delightful B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Lane End B & B is one of those delightful little treasures that you come upon once in while. A First Rate establishment tucked at the end of a peaceful lane about 3 miles from the charming fishing village of Port Isaac. From the minute you arrive to the moment you leave Nab and Linda's hospitality is second to none. The bedroom was extremely comfortable and spacious, with a full sized ensuite and all the added extras that you could possibly wish for including a whisper quiet fridge inside the room. Breakfast was fabulous with the best local produce and a wide choice available, I had the locally caught Mackrel one morning which was truly cooked to perfection! Nab and Linda are delightful hosts and know how to make you feel welcome and comfortable. I will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

From the weather forecast printout waiting on your breakfast table to the large scale maps and bus timetables in the welcome folder, the folks at Lane End Farm really have the needs of guests figured out. The welcome from our host, Nab, was one of the warmest we've had at a B&B.

Although the property has no particular historic charm, our room was excellent, with a huge bed, ensuite shower, TV and ample tea, coffee and biscuits. Breakfast was first rate.

Lane End Farm is tucked down a lane, three minutes walk from the Cornish Arms pub, which serves good - if not cheap - Thai food. The location makes a reasonable base for visiting Port Isaac, Tintagel and Boscastle.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
redditch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Nab & Linda's hospitality was second to none....As a frequent B&B user, I'm always bemoaning the poor facilities for the prices we pay, but this really was faultless! We had the lovely Green room which was to a very high standard of both thoughtfullness...(all those little comforts & things you forgot to bring are there..) and cleanliness. The breakfasts were delicious.....the perfect way to prepare for a big days hiking....all served with a smile. Nab was also extremely willing to drop us off and pick us up as and when required, with only a reasonable fee for a slightly longer trip, which saved us loads of hassle.. I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Lane End Farm B & B for three nights, Upon arrival we were welcomed by Linda and shown our room - from the off I was impressed with how clean and well stocked the room was - we usually stay at hotels so didn't really know what to expect, but in my opinion it was as good if not better.

The breakfast in the mornings were cooked with fresh local ingredients and were made to your order, there was so much to choose from, we definatley didn't feel the need for any lunch!

The location for Port Isaac & surrounding towns is brilliant. There are several local pubs for eating in the evening.

All in all - a VERY nice B & B with lovely hosts and fab food.

Linda & Nab do a great job - Many thanks

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed 5 nights in June in this absolutely excellent B&B. The room was spotless, comfortable beds, clean fluffy big white towels every day, breakfast was superb. We did the Coast Path, Boscastle to Polzeath in 4 days. Our host, Nab, was always willing to drive us (for a small fee) to the start of the walk and even picked us up a couple times. Thank you Nab & Linda.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Altrincham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

Lovely B&B at a farm house in Pendoggett. We were really well looked after here so recommend it without hesitation. They have somewhere to store cycles , and it isn't too far from the costal path, I believe they do a pick up service for people on that walk. Not on the main road, so there is no traffic news.

Pub is handy just a couple of hundred yards away and does food every night, so no need to go far.

Close to Port Issac where Doc Martin was filmed, and not far to Boscastle and Tintagel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Although I only stayed one night as I was walking the Coastal Path, I was very impressed with every aspect of Lane End Farm. Indeed being accommodated for one night was in itself a positive as most B & B places seem to understandably prefer guests who reside for longer periods.

My bed was comfortable and the room clean and there was no noise to disrupt my sleep. As well as TV and Clock radio and the usual room furniture there was the treat of a cafetiere and filter coffee in the room; a range of teas with somewhere to put the used tea bag; brilliant towels, and an ensuite shower that was both clean and efficient. The single room was superior to the broom cupboards and inferior standards that I have found most places consider okay for lone travellers.

In the evening I walked the short distance to the local pub, the Cornish Arms, armed with a torch provided by my host ,Mr. Monk, which was not so much to light my way as a symbol that I was staying at Lane End. There is apparently an arrangement whereby torch-carrying guests will be 'squeezed in' for a meal no matter how crowded the Inn [and it was crowded and I did get a fine meal]

At breakfast the guests were given a print-out of the weather forecast for the day and week beyond [very helpful as I was walking]. There was a range of fruit, cereal, yogurt and Cornish honey as well as a very large and tasty full English breakfast with home baked bread.

I was allowed to safely leave my car at Lane End whilst I undertook my walk, and was given a lift into Port Isaac right to the Coastal Path [I could also have been collected on my return if I had so wished]

Mr and Mrs Monk were most friendly throughout my stay and I consider Lane end to be one of the best B & B places I have stayed - including the majority of hotels which lack the personal touches and attention to detail.

I have no hesitation in recommending Lane End.

Rob Hinxman
8th June 2010

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Lane End Farm? Share your experiences!