“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 23 restaurants in Polperro
Cuisines: English
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Beautiful building small and intimate interior suitable for couples and mainly adults, those wishing to have a fine dining experience
Melbourne, Australia
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Hard to know where to sart. I was dining solo due to her indoors being off color so the restaurant was centre stage for me, and it deserved to be. Everything was great. The people who run the restaurant are good people who clearly care about what they do. This shows in how they relate to their customers, the menu, the wine list, and how the ingredients are chosen and treated. For example, the wine and beer drink list is small but very well chosen so that each individual item represents a different type and is a good example of that type. The food menu is just like that too. The ingredients are top class and cooked beautifully. The balance of the dishes I had were well constructed, even down to the tiny bit of rosemary with the fillet steak. While The Kitchen is not pretentious you do have a sense that this place is special. And the last thing said to me as I left was to hope that my wife was feeling better soon.

Visited September 2013

97% Recommend
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

On a recent visit to Polperro my wife and I dined at The Kitchen restaurant mainly due to the reviews on Tripadvisor. The main courses of steak and duck breast were cooked to perfection and beautifully presented and the starters and deserts were equally good. Harry and his two waitresses provided excellent and friendly service and Karen in the kitchen completed the team. Should we visit Polperro again in the future we will definitely be revisiting The Kitchen. An extremely enjoyable evening, thank you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Small but beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant 3 times in April and returned twice during our visit in September. We have never been disappointed - Harry (front of house) makes you feel so welcome and Karen provides beautiful food.
We look forward to returning next time we visit Polperro.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table for 5 based on reviews, we had three courses and we all enjoyed every one. Cornish Sparkling wine a treat and not to be missed. Very small but that gives it a personal feeling, all the staff should be proud of the the food and atmospher they create.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
sandbach
“EXCELLENT !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My partner and I ate here last nite and the food and service was excellent!
I had the brill and my partner opted for the rib eye steak and both were fab!
Would definitely recommend.