“Great food!! ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great food!! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Nice welcoming restaurant,food was lovely big portions great value for money! Worth a visit you will not be disappointed!!

london,england
“Cheesy trick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I ordered beans and a jacket potato. I received a jacket potato smothered in some yellow goo. I called the waitress she said I ordered cheese. I cannot eat cheese for health reasons and certainly would never have ordered it.
The dish was whisked away by an older woman and returned to my table very rapidly. The jacket potato was now totally covered in beans. I ate some then found the cheese underneath.
I told the waitress I thought hiding the cheese under the beans was a dirty trick. I also told the old woman and said I had not ordered cheese with my dish. I asked for a reduction in my bill as after I scraped off the cheese there was very little potato left. I did eat the beans as they were cheese free.
The old woman said I could have 30p off my bill -the cost of the cheese! I am surprised it cost that much.
If that dish had been eaten by my grandson, who was not with me at the time, he would have been very ill.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
CrabSandwiches, Owner at The Buccaneer, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
All I have to say about this review and the reviewer in question is .....What a complete and utter pack of lies ...... From start to finish!!!!!
You firstly asked for a Jacket potato with cheese (checked back by your waitress as they all do before taking the order through).
Then you complained and said you had ordered beans with it, which where then promptly added.
Then when you had eaten all but the skin off the potato you decided to mention you did not like cheese.
How on earth is any of that our fault????????
You then had the cheese deducted from your bill .... which I hasten to add was without you even asking for that to happen and also it was considerably more than the 30p you mention.
Lastly your review makes derogatory comments about my team here at the Buccaneer which is not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.
I witnessed the whole debacle that was you visit to us as I was behind the bar so this is how I know you are a complete and utter liar!!!
If you ever do grace the streets of Polperro again please feel free to call in to continue this discussion face to face instead of 3 weeks later via the faceless pages that are trip advisor.
“Friendly service, good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Staff were very friendly and welcoming, we went on a Wednesday which was steak night and buy one get one free so excellent value for money and steaks were very good!

Southern Wales, United Kingdom
“Little place with a big welcome...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Fantastic welcome, great food (we went on curry night), really good value for money. My little boy (aged 7) loved his giant fish finger!!!! And we loved our korma, best I have tasted in a while.
We'll done...

Visited June 2014
Kendal, Cumbria.
“Give it a miss.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Had the misfortune to dine here one lunchtime, of all the fantastic looking establishments in Polperro, we ended up here.
We were shown into a dated side room away from the bar, definitely needs a refurbishment. Like sitting in a 70’s café.
My wife ordered a crème tea and I had a crab sandwich. The sandwich was ok, nothing special for nearly £8.00, two slices of ordinary brown bread and a bit of salad.
The scones didn’t seem fresh and had been warmed by microwave, they were very disappointing.
I wished we had walked out and gone elsewhere.
Polperro is a lovely place, but this took a bit of the shine off our visit.

• Visited June 2014