“A must” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
blackpool
“A must”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a recommendation from one of the locals , good call. It is not a five star gaff its a pub serving excellent sea food at great prices. The specials board was full of gems scallops monkfish etc. Would go back in a flash.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Crab salad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ordered the crab salad.
The highlighted portion of the menu stated that ALL salads came with potato salad & coleslaw.
When our meal arrived without either my wife called the waiter over and said 'we have no potato salad & coleslaw'.
The crab doesn't come with that he said and went to walk off.
I then said excuse me but it says ALL salads come with that.
His reply was 'I didn't write it'.
I explained I was not concerned with who actually wrote it, I was more concerned with the fact that ALL means ALL.
A few customers could hear what was going on and a few minutes later the missing ingredients were dropped on our table with no apology.
One customer upon leaving said 'I bet you won't be coming back here'.
His attitude was to say the least surly and at best unhelpful.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Good pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We popped in for dinner after a long day of coastal walking, and I really fancied a fish dish. So I chose good old fish and chips, and the missus chose mackerel. My meal was superb, with great crunchy beer battered cod, and a plate full overflowing with chips and salad. No need for desert after that one! The Tribute beer was excellent, so all good. We did intend to sit outside upstairs, but decided to go indoors to avoid the hungry looking seagulls and wasps, and it was actually very comfy inside, with an atmospheric illuminated blue star ceiling.

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Nice beer but the food was awful.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went in for an evening meal. I had the mackerel salad and expected it to be fresh mackerel - considering where we were, it was from a packet that couldve come from any supermarket. A member of our group had chips that had obviously been sitting around for a long time and she wasn't impressed with the rest of her meal either. When we were asked how it was, and we told them, they looked offended and just walked off. Also, I stood at the bar on my own - the only person there - waiting to be served and the girl behind the bar was blatantly ignoring me and was standing around doing nothing. Some guy walked up to the bar and she served him straight away. I had to wait for her colleague to stop what she was doing (and she was very busy!) and serve me. We hadnt even ordered a drink at this point ! Shame cos it was recommended by one of the fishermen !

Manchester
“Good Food, Large Potions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had several meals there during our stay and all the food we had was of a very good quality (served with a smile) there is also a very good range of food on the menu (better for choices than the Blue Peter Inn). The pub is a typical old cornish fisherman's village pub that also serves a good selection of beers, lagers and cider's. Well worth a visit if in or near Polperro. The only slight downside is that they no longer do sweets, which is a bit of a shame has in previous years the Sticky Toffee Pudding was worth a visit on it's own.