“Friendly and Comfortable Guest House” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
__5% off bookings__
Ranked #6 of 91 Penzance B&B and Inns
Australia
“Friendly and Comfortable Guest House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Pendennis. Our room on the first floor was a compact double but comfortable, clean and tastefully furnished. Russell and Hazel were friendly and informative without being intrusive. The breakfast room had a lovely ambience and breakfast itself was excellent. We would certainly recommend it as a comfortable, clean and friendly place to stay.

• Liked — The overall atmosphere
  • Disliked — Room a little small
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

I applied my rule "if they sound like nice people on the phone then all will be well" and once again found it to be so true. Hazel and Russell were lovely hosts, friendly and informative attractions and activities for the visitor. The room was spotless, the breakfasts cooked to order and amended to meet the guests requirements. Hazel and Russell provide comfortable accommodation which I can happily recomend and I will be staying at the Pendennis on my next visit to Penzance.

• Liked — The charming hosts
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
lexington, ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

My wife and I spent two nights here during our recent 17-day tour of Great Britain. We used trip advisor to research all of the B&Bs that we booked and were satisfied with each one.

The Pendennis is located on a lovely street in Penzance and offered us a wonderful and spacious room with everything we needed. The hosts were very friendly and made us feel right at home. I really liked the atmosphere of the dining room in the morning at breakfast. And there are books available for researching things to do in Cornwall.

We had a car and were able to visit several wonderful places nearby such as St. Ives and Lizard Peninsula. Our only complaint was the lack of good places to eat nearby in Penzance. The restaraunt choices in St. Ives are much better than Penzance and the town is more quaint. However, I feel Penzance is the better place for exploring if you have a car. The Tesco's just outside of downtown is very convenient and a big money saver.

• Liked — Lovely old victorian building.
  • Disliked — Dinner choices within walking distance.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
west sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

nothing to be be said ,accept superb,,stayed with russel and hazel for 2 nights,,but with a night in between while i stayed on the isle of scilly,,but the wonderful couple allowed me to leave my motorbike in the garden,even covered it up for me,,breakfast fantastic,,well done and keep going..

Stayed April 2008
bury st edmunds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

I originally found the Pendennis in an old AA guide I have. After ringing round, I found the prices better value for money and the owners Russell and Hazel really seem to care about the people that are interested in staying. When I arrived I was given a lovely double room and the bed was out of this world. Also therer was freeview tv, which you don't normally get. Breakfast were great, with a very good choice. Nothing seemed to ever be any trouble. Also the cleaner was efficient and thourough.
I will definately return to the Pendennis and it is greatly recommended for adults who want a very relaxing break and to be very well looked after. Well done, Russell and Hazel are true diamonds.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
Walsall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

I stayed in The Pendennis Guest house in September and couldn't be more pleased with the attention to detail and warm welcome that the owners gave to me. The hotel was beautifully presented, with large en-suite rooms and cosy breakfast area. The room was very bright and clean, and also contained many of the nice added extras such as teas and coffes with a kettle. It was a great treat to have stayed at the guest house and I'm sure I will be returning for years to come.

• Liked — Friedly Owners and Cleanliness of the rooms.
  • Disliked — On street parking
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Pendennis Guest House? Share your experiences!