“just what penzance needs!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Penzance, United Kingdom
“just what penzance needs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Have eaten here twice in the past week. Food was fantastic everytime .

Wonderful staff, wonderful emebience.

Not to mention good value for money.

Helston
“Best lunch in Penzance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We visit Penzance regularly and have often lamented the paucity of decent places for lunch. This place is excellent: lovely decor, a vibrant menu prepared with skill and style. Staff were attentive but not obtrusive: they looked after us well. Portions were generous. We had very tasty tapas, a juicy freshly made burger and a Caesar salad which was full of fresh snap and tang. It was so good that we're going to drive over for an evening meal on a jazz night. The rest of PZ eateries will now have to up their game.

Newlyn, null, United Kingdom
“50th Birthday Romantic Meal with Husband and 'Jazz'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband booked a romantic meal for two for my 50th Birthday, knowing I love Jazz music. We had a fantastic meal, the food had so much flavour and the service was friendly. The jazz music was very relaxing and the we would definately go back again. The restaurant filled up quite quickly so I would definately recommend booking so as not to be disappointed. Nothing was too much trouble and the atmosphere was fantastic, service brilliant, and toilets immaculate....definately recommend it to anybody. Hope you go and have a great time.

Penzance, United Kingdom
“Wish we went to Wetherspoons!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friends and I ate here on Saturday night and I have to say we were very disappointed! The menu is small and uninteresting and they ran out of steak by 7.00pm!
After deciding on the tapas my order came out at least 20minutes before my friends.
The tapas was tiny,boring and taste free, not worth the money I paid at all.
My friend had the chicken and it was basically swimming in gravy, like something your great aunt edna would make for you.
They were obviously short staffed and it showed, there was also a problem with the card machine when we were trying to pay so we had to try and come up with the money in cash.

Very disappointed, will NOT be going again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Louth, England, United Kingdom
“Jazz and Tapas - excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Lovely music and ambiance along with very tasty tapas, the restaurant impressed us. The decor is stylish with a black, white and red theme. The food is good value, and when we visited all the tables were full. We will certainly return next time we are in PZ.