“breaking my curry virginity” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 145 restaurants in Penzance
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
“breaking my curry virginity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

As a curry virgin, dining out with three other regular curryists I was nervous bordering on scared!. We picked this establishment based on what other reviews said, and I could not be more delighted with the service and care we received from all the staff throughout our evening. I confessed to the manager that it would be my first ever curry, so I opted for chicken biryani (so the curry part was separate), my Mrs had Passanda, daughter had Korma and son in law had Tikka Massala. The manager made sure throughout that I was coping ok with it, and we shared many a laugh and a joke at both of our expenses. Come the finish, all plates were clean, all appetites satisfied. The restaurant was spotlessly clean, and you got the feeling you were their most valued customers, even though the place was full. Would DEFINATELY recommend this place to anyone, novice or experienced 10 out of 10

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I agree with the crazycatlady.Waiters argue continuaslly.Food although very hot was quite bland.no atmosphere at all.should have gone to the fish and chip shop opposite.Very expensive for what it was.More comfortable chairs on my patio.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ronnie135
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

2nd time here, it's the best Indian food we have tasted, the service and staff are so nice , can't wait to come back, definitely recommend this restaurant

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were 4 adults n 2 kids in the party. We loved the food including the starters and main courses. We underestimated the portion sizes and ended up ordering more than we could eat. But every dish was delicious. We are Indians so understand about the indian food very well. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was the scope of improvement in the service. I understand that they were very busy but a simple smile from the staff would have done wonders.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derbeeshyre
“Best Naan Bread I have ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Been visiting this restaurant when on holiday for the last few years . Really lovely , friendly restaurant , very well cooked indian and nepalese food , best peshwari naan bread I have ever tasted. Family friendly and wont break the bank.

• Visited August 2013