“A must!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Coffee Shop, Ice Cream, British, English
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sorry Steakhouse is closed. Cafe open daily.
Marston Green, United Kingdom
“A must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We've driven by this place a couple of times now (it isn't open every day) and decided to give it a try when we saw it was open one afternoon. It was well worth it. It looks a bit basic but the food and service were great. There were six of us eating - most of us had a steak and they were all cooked perfectly! You must also try their onion rings - delicious!! There are also fabulous views over the bay.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“I can't believe I never bothered to eat here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I always walk right past this place and get a salad from tesco or the co-op up the road. In a spur of the moment I ordered one from here and it was so much better! They tailored it to my dietary requirements and were really friendly and willing to do so. The service was a tad slow but I'm not complaining! The ice cream flavours are incredibly unique and the cakes look fresh. The building itself is very pretty. I'll be coming back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“An excellent steak house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a really excellent meal here and found everyone very friendly and helpful. As my husband finds stairs difficult at the moment I asked if we could eat downstairs although the downstairs is used only during the day. Nevertheless they laid a table for us downstairs and we had a lovely evening. I am sorry we do not live locally as this would be one place we would return to again and again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wales
“very pleasent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good service good food, and plenty of it. Slipped in for lunch as we were taking photos of all the boats in the marina. We were surprised at the variety of the menu. I had turkey with cheese and cranberry and it was a very well filled sandwich. The side salad that it came with was lovely and crisp, no limp green there. Ice cream as lovely and creamy, but then what do you expect from Cornwall. Service was prompt and the staff very friendly.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Lovely friendly and fun staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We found this as we walked past, so made a reservation for 7:30, on arrival it was much smaller than we imagined and were ushered to a table upstairs by the very friendly and fun filled waiter. We both ordered the deep fried Camembert, with a great red onion marmalade, must try and replicate. Maddy had the Hunters Chicken, smothered in bacon, cheese & a BBQ sauce with onion rings, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms and peas, with a choice of either chips, new potatoes or salad. I just had an 8oz sirloin and was talked into the chips as they were very highly recommended, and they were very good, also a port, brandy and mushroom sauce, also highly recommended and great. Cooked to my liking and we decided on a nice red with some Zin and no desert.

A great meal with a great atmosphere, highly recommended. We visited on May 25 2013.

• Visited May 2013