“Gave my colleague the good room!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Stanley, Penzance

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
The Stanley, Penzance
You added The Stanley, Penzance to your Saves list
23, Regent Terrace | The Promenade, Penzance TR18 4DW, England   |
Ranked #32 of 91 Penzance B&B and Inns
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Gave my colleague the good room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ended up in the twin room instead of the double which was a sort of rats maze quest to get to. The double was simply up 1st flights steps on the left boom you're there!
However to the twin it was up several flights across a landing that sort of thing, well i was in the attic basically. Bit tricky with handbag & suitcase in tow & a bit tight at one point for my butt. However the room was clean & well laid out & worth the trek to.

The only problem I had with the place was the ruddy seagulls on the roof first thing in the morning what noisy beggars they are!
So I was up at the crack of dawn wishing I'd packed the earplugs I'd been eyeing in my travel pack after all! Of course this wasn't the owners fault but if you're going to stay by the sea I'd recommend earplugs in future!

The breakfast was very scrummy & she has Twinings Earl Grey tea so I was a very happy bunny!

Its right by the sea so the fish restaurants nearby were naturally amazing. We were recommended the restaurant which I cant remember the name of but if you go out of hotel turn left follow the road round just over the bridge you can see it right after you cross. Probably called the bridge restaurant something like that.

I think if I'd of grabbed the double room I would've given the place 5 stars, so next time I stay I'll review my review

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

We loved this B&B. From the outset, Kate made us feel extremely welcome and comfortable. With two teenagers and a dog in tow, we'd booked a family room, but Kate gave us an extra single for the same price as she realised it would be a bit of a squeeze. She also recommended a local pub and booked us a table there - the Admiral Benbow, which was fantastic. The breakfast room has a great view of the sea and promenade, and the breakfasts were great - Kate accommodated all our tastes with ease. The bedroom was very clean and comfortable, the shower was great. When we left, we left a coat behind. Kate called to let us know so that we could collect it before leaving Penzance. The only downside was that we were only there for one night, but we we will definitely book again on our next visit. Thank you, Kate :-)

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

I just stayed here for four nights whilst visiting an old friend and indulging in long walks along the Coastal Path. I thought it would be okay from the tone of friendly emails with the owner Kate, and sure enough it was - more than. As it was quiet I was upgraded to a lovely double aspect room on the first floor, with views from the front across to St. Michael's Mount and the whole bay, and from the side across to Newlyn . Everything was tastefully done with fluffy towels in the en-suite, and a very comfortable bed. The heating is easily self controlled to personal taste, and I slept more soundly than usual.
Breakfast had plenty of choice and was flexible if you wanted a cooked one (which I did, every day), and there is the added bonus of spectacular views across the bay from huge windows.
Situated just by the Jubilee Pool one strolls out straight onto the prom and on my first morning I walked around the coast to Marazion, then, with a brief coffee stop at the Godolphin, on to Perranuthno - recommended.
Lots of pubs and restaurants are just around the corner from The Stanley. I am already booked in for a break next year.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

The Stanley is a small older hotel with great water views but close to the center of town. The hostess is more than helpful. Rooms are clean and breakfast is good. It is a good value for the price. Not handicap accessible. Very narrow stairs to third flood.

Room Tip: If you want a view you will need to put up with strees noise
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014 via mobile

Despite turning up at the last minute,Kate offered us a lovely,comfortable room with a sea view.The standard of service,(and the amazing breakfast)were second to none.Well done to both Kate and her dedicated team for making myself and my wife's stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2014
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

My favourite B and B in Penzance and the friendliest . Having to alter my booking at the last minute on my return home from the Scillies Kate was understanding and helpful and was able to sort me out with a spacious yet cosy room for an overnight stay . As on previous visits the accommodation was faultless , clean ,warm and very comfortable with every choice at breakfast which was lovely and substantial. Thankyou Kate

Room Tip: Single travellers will find that the top floor single room is ideal , lovely and quiet although seve...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stayed here after visiting the Isles of Scilly. Great location (closer than the car park from the terminal) car parking on road not an issue, some off road parking.
Room - great sea view, not massive but enough. Beds comfy, great night sleep
Breakfast - excellent,

Overall - we will visit again, just hope there is availability

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Stanley, Penzance? Share your experiences!