“5* all the way.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Nightlife in Penzance
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
“5* all the way.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Eaten here lots over the years and have to say it never disappoints. It is truly a wonderful and amazing restaurant. 5* all round

Bristol
“Tasty, good value food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

A nice, cosy meadery; the building comprises several tables in different nook and crannies. The portions are huge! The chicken has lovely crispy skin and is juicy, the prawn fritters are delicious too, light crispy batter and succulent. The mead is nice, probably not to everyone's taste, the fruit meads are better it's like a cream sherry but with a fruity hint (there are a few different flavours). Very warm and welcoming staff, and very quick service.

Visited October 2012
Bideford, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

After walking from Penzance to Newlyn to visit the meadery there, which I had been to previously,we turned up and it was packed with a table of 22 just being seated, so we thought we'd trek back and decided to try the waterside, by which point we were famished! We were seated and pre warned that the group that were in the area were rather noisy but should be going soon and we could have moved tables if we'd wanted. The staff were friendly and helpful, we ordered our food and we weren't waiting long before it arrived, both of us having chicken in the rough! It was delicious and the chicken was moist, the chips were also cooked perfectly and the portions were great, although I couldn't finish mine! We had a lovely evening and fully enjoyed the atmosphere and experience! We will definitely be returning.

UK
“Whats happened to the chicken?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Over the last 30 years I have seen some changes at The Waterside but I never though I would see a change in the chicken. I visited last week and the service was excellent as usual. I ordered my usual chicken 1/2 & 1/2. Something was wrong, what was going on with the skin, the lovely deep crispy skin? its changed, it was like chicken from a Fish Shop or (gulp) Branwells Mill. Bring back the proper chicken otherwise a chapter of my life closes and i'll have to rely on the Newlyn Meadery only.

Visited October 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
6 attraction reviews
“The best Meadery.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've been here a few times this summer and they've all been great. Good food, served quickly by friendly, helpful waitresses...what more can you ask for?!
Don't forget the Elderberry wine.

Visited August 2012