“A real find, can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 145 Restaurants in Penzance
Cuisines: European, Vegetarian, International, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Just off town centre in Penzance, 28-cover café/restaurant serving wide range of high-quality coffees, cakes, salads, soups and 'World Food'. Using local and seasonal ingredients where possible, the specials board offers vegetarian and vegan options, as well as a wide range of gluten-free dishes. Light and airy with an eclectic menu and décor, furnished with antique tables and chairs and cosy cushions and a sofa.
Chichester, United Kingdom
“A real find, can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived at the honey pot in time for lunch. There is a very friendly relaxed atmosphere and a wonderful choice of fresh menu options. I had the vegetarian lasagne and my husband had a bean stew and they were both delicious. We shared a piece of wonderful lemon and lime cheesecake for pudding. Good value and great food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

spain
“Another well hidden delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

After reading the reviews on Trip Adviser I chose this place to take my friends on our recent day trip to Penzance, we were not disappointed. Delightfully prepared and presented food, friendly staff, helpful in finding us a table if we waited a short while. A definite on my list of good lunchtime restaurants.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Malaysia
“Best Cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The staff were kind enough to recommend the Pear and Amaretto Cheesecake and it was literally the best thing I have ever tasted. The lunch was alright but the dessert was seriously worth it. Reservations allowed but you can only hold the table for an hour (from when you book, not when you arrive so tough if you're late).

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Penzance
“Bucks!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Looking for a lovely lunch with my two children in Penzance, we decided to try the Honey Pot. The service was really good and the staff really eager to please. We ended up sharing a table with another couple who had come in after us, we were asked if we would mind sharing and replied that we didnt. The dissapointing part came when oredering from the menu. There was no childrens option and everything was just a little bit 'fussy'. My son had a Ham sandwich minus the mustard and mayo and they still charged £5.95. The portions were not the best, my daughter had the cheesecake, which tasted delicious but again was quite pricey. The bill for the three of us came to £18.00. two sandwiches and a slice of cake........ Much as i love the casual feel of this small cafe i fear they are charging quite a substantial amount for what you get. Lovely cafe, shame about the prices.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Darvel
“Best Cheesecake I have ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you knew me you would know that I am no stranger to a slice of cake/pudding. So it is not an underestimate to say that the Lemon and Lime chescake that I had here while visiting penzance last week was the best I have ever had.

The cheese scones, carrot cake and coffee are nice too.

Like the casual setup that encourages people to share tables.

Visited July 2012