“My wedding visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lugger Hotel

You added The Lugger Hotel to your Saves list
The Lugger Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   The Promenade, 3 Marine Terrace, Penzance TR18 4DL, England   |
Ranked #75 of 91 Penzance B&B and Inns
Devon
“My wedding visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had previously read of some reviews of the Lugger Hotel in Penzance. I though, Oh my what have I let my self in for. I was going for my God daughters wedding. Well, all I can say is all of the bad press and comments are unjustified. What a brilliant team they have there. They are friendly, polite and can't do enough for you. The food was second to none and tthe buffet was also amazing. My room was huge and warm with tea and coffee in the room. It is right on the sea front over looking almost St Michaels Mount. I have been in some major hotel chains in and around the UK that dont go anywhere near the reception I had at the Lugger Hotel. What a lovely town too. I will go back sometime, and I do look forward to it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Had a great time staying here the food was fantastic. We had a buffet that was supplied by the hotel and all the different items were delicious. Great location right on the front with a short walk to the centre. The sea was very rough on arrival and you could hear the waves crashing on the front which was great to listen to.

Stayed October 2013
Newlyn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Beautiful lunch at the Lugger Hotel penzance however several critIsisms, whoever has told the staff to keep circling the tables like sharks has made a mistake. I put my knife and fork down and in a flash there she was saying have you finished now? No I hadn't I was having a rest. We were told twice to go up and get our carvery when we were having a pre lunch drink. Coffee wasn't a pleasant affair as we turned our backs on the sharks as to not catch their eyes before we had finished. We didn't have a pudding as our table was obviously booked for another diner. A beautiful meal ruined by over zealous staff. As a long time customer of this hotel I will not be having lunch here again. We were in served and out in under an hour and I dont find this acceptable. The front of house person was sour faced and only seemed interested in what was obviously her friends/family as the kids were allowed to run around climbing all over the bench seat which we were sitting. Not a pleasant experience by any means.Come on Lugger sort it out or you will be empty come the winter months.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I arrived on the doorstep, in search of the elusive Vacancy sign. The very pleasant lady at reception didn't have a single room but quoted me for a double room, which I took. The pleasant lady showed me my room which was actually a family room with a side view of the sea. It was a lovely large room with an equally large bathroom with a super old tub that I could have gone swimming in. While I only stayed one night, I do wish i'd stayed longer. The location was perfect, the view was wonderful and the room even smelled really nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bodmin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is in fanatic location overlooking the whole of Mounts bay, St Michael Mount, Newlyn & Mousehole./ Tracy the restaurant manageress was fantastic and looked after me for the 2 nites I stayed, Could not of asked for more. Verity a lovely girl works in restaurant and behind bar, again fantastic service. Even went out after hotel closing on Sat night oh, wot an amazing even, went to places I'd want to when I worked in Penzance in 1982 - 1982, this is the place I have to retire and if had the money would buy the "Lugger" HAd a bit of walking to do after walking verity home, did not want to walk on her own. very nice young lady.

Room Tip: no fitness center or poolon site, but hey, who needs it when you have the ocean and a beautiful bea...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

A comfortable and clean room in an ideal position to catch the Scillonian Ferry to the Isles of Scilly. In fact the port was within walking distance. When we arrived it was a surprise to see free parking along the seafront at Penzance. Had we known there was free parking outside we would not have paid in advance for a car park whilst we were on the Isles of Scilly. Windy weather was predicted and the staff were very helpful in finding out whether the ferry would operate the following day and in giving general advice about the ferry.

Unfortunately, we could not have breakfast in the hotel as the ferry left too early. We had an evening Sunday roast the night before, which was really good value for money and included a really nice vegetarian nut roast option. The facilites are a bit tired and there was no lounge in the hotel. However given the cost, convenience for the ferry and helpfiulness of the staff, I would consider it good value for money and recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Storrington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Not much else to say really other than that - avoid! The Cost of the rooms was ridiculous considering the poor quality. We ate downstairs and that was ok but service was pretty poor. The room was freezing and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Lugger Hotel? Share your experiences!