We are still here having the best holidayinthe uk ever! The apartment is lovely with everything you need like at home. The master bedroom upstairs is amazing with huge velux windows that open right out to the beach and ocean. Balcony at the front in perfect for dining al fresco on sunny evenings.
Being located right on the beach means you spend the whole day there and can swim as much as you like (so longs syou have wetsuits!) because You can come inside for hot shower or Bath after!
You can hire everything you need for surfing, bodyboarding, wetsuits, sun beds etc down here from Steve the guy running the surf hire shop at reasonable prices.
We are lucky to have Internet as we ares in the end apartment (lamorna) so are picking up Kahuna's wifi though next time we come (and we are already planning our next trip maybe even in Aug this year) we are going to book up the other end or in the next blockaded are directly over the Venus cafe which although is not noisy, there is just lots of people sitting down there right under and in front of our balcony so they are part of our view and also can see right into our apartment so you have to be really careful being covered up (clothes wise!)
There's a really good restaurant called Kahuna run by Kelly and Ryan which does delicious food at mid price range. The 'organic' Venus restaurant underneath us is just a cafe Really and we havnt had anything from there at all as it just seems like normal greasy spoon stuff and the lone girl running it is moody!
You can walk to Newquay town across the sand when the tide slow which is nice, walk the other way to Lusty Glaze beach which is an outdoor adventure beach with a zip wire, rat run up the cliff in and out of obstacles, absailing and Lots of other stuff too. The kids will love it!
All in all it is a perfect location, we have been super lucky with the weather, have not stopped body boarding, had such a fab time we don't want to leave but, we'll be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay right on the beach in four star style. All of our apartments have seaview balconies along with seaview master en-suite upstairs. There is also parking right down on the beach for one car per apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Tolcarne Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tolcarne Beach Apartments Hotel Newquay
- Tolcarne Beach Apartments Newquay, Cornwall