“Newquay's hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Carlton Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
The Carlton Hotel
Truro, United Kingdom
“Newquay's hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

What a superb hotel...

Tastefully decorated with quality furnishings, very warm welcome upon arrival.

Superb freshly cooked breakfast with a very good continental choice.

I stayed in room 10 whereas my brother stayed in room 9, we normally stay across the road at the Atlantic Hotel as we attend an annual function there, but due to overbooking, we stayed at the Carlton as it's across the road.

My room was nice and immaculately clean, very comfortable (especially the bed), there is tea/coffee making facilities and a flat screen television in each room. The bathroom was very clean and modern and tastefully decorated, towels were of the luxury kind, not cheap standard hotel ones like other hotels, they even had shampoo, shower gel, soap etc in the bathroom, this was a godsend as I forgot to pack my shower gel.

The room (guest information) brochure was very detailed and explained everything about the hotel, it's facilities, useful information and contact telephone numbers. Best of all, it;s up to date unlike some hotels that I've visited.

Hot water was pretty much instant which is a plus point especially in older buildings.

I've not had the time to use the residents lounge but had a quick peek in there and once again, it's kept very clean and tidy with good quality furniture.

I will definately stay there again and would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Newquay or Cornwall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We returned The Carlton for our second stay, this time we stayed 7 nights mid september as last year our 4 night stay just wasn't long enough! We requested the same room, overlooking the golf course, so hubby was very happy! This small hotel just gets better every time you stay. Fabulous fresh cooked breakfast with a great choice and Rooms are maintained to a very happy standard with gorgeous soft furnishings. The room we stayed in is being re-furnished this winter and Debbie even let me have a sneak preview of the colour scheme and plans for the room, we can't wait to return next year :-) An excellent hotel for a relaxing stay in Newquay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kettering, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have just returned from a five night stay at the Carlton. The owners could not have been more Friendly and helpfull. We selected a superior room that was superb in every detail. The quality of the fittings and furnishings were top class and everything was geared to comfort.
The breakfasts were First Class and nothing was too much trouble. I would have no hesitation in reccomending this hotel and we will definately be returning.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here for our 1 year wedding anniversary for 2 nights. On arrival we were very impressed with the decor. Its all been beautifully decorated and so well looked after. Our room was very clean and the view out onto the sea was fabulous! The owners put their heart and soul into this place and the customer care we recieved was second to none. I really believe that you wont get this level of care in a big 5* hotel. The breakfast was cooked fresh. My husband had full english and I had poached eggs on toast. Debbie made sure my eggs were cooked properly as im pregnant! Theres a big selection of cereals and fruit. The expierience at breakfast was 5*. Lovely white china. Hotel caters so well for couples. We would highly recommend staying here to anyone. You wont be dissapointed!

Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just come home from a short break at the Carlton. I can honestly say this is an establishment run with real passion by the owners - they are really helpful and try everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The accommodation is first class and the attention to detail is meticulous the presentation is nothing short of perfect, from the fantastic ensuite and shower to the amazing bed linen or the comprehensive honesty bar. Its a couples hotel - make sure you dont have kids / animals and its certainly not catering to the hen/stag trade - so dont even try booking here if that is your mission.
If you are looking at touring picturesque Cornwall - you couldnt find a better base than the Carlton - its highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the 6ft large beds
Cheltenham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a lovely place to stay. Stayed overnight on our way to Scilly Isles. Flying out of Newquay following day. From the warm welcome to lovely breakfast in the morning and all points in between perfect!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Me and my partner have just come back from The Carlton and I felt compelled to share with you all that Mark and Debra the owners of this beautiful place where very welcoming , helpful and made us feel very special.Relax Unwide Engoy it says on the web site and this is exactly what you get .From the plush decor to the so comfy beds, the fantasticly clean rooms I could go on and on and on .We have stopped in some great places and this place is right up there with the best .As a gay couple we where made so welcome and we will be booking again. Thanks for making our break in Newquay Fantastic .

Room Tip: We stopped in room 9
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Carlton Hotel? Share your experiences!