“The friendliest and most relaxing breqk ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

You added Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Esplanade Rd, Fistral Beach, Newquay TR7 1PT, England (Formerly The Bay Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Newquay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“The friendliest and most relaxing breqk ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We are fond of going to festivals because of the people, everyone is relaxed and friendly and happy. We dont need to go to festivals again....just come to this hotel. Its luxurious but down to earth. The staff are happy and treat you like one of the family. Tbis hotel has that human touch that most other 4 star hotels lack.
The rooms are nice, modern and airy. The view is breath-taking. We spent the weekend walking along the beach and relaxing. The spa is amazing too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LukeBall, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Jane G

Thanks so much for your lovely review.

We all try so hard do deliver great service whilst remaining relaxed and friendly, so I am very pleased to see that our hard work has paid off on this occasion.

I do hope you will return soon and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Luke and the team at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My daughter and I visited this hotel on a yoga break which we thoroughly enjoyed. All the staff, without exception, were friendly, polite and efficient. We stayed in a lovely room with a sea view and a balcony which made the trip even more special. The food was outstanding and the breakfast buffet extensive. The restaurant overlooked the sea and one night we were lucky enough to see some dolphins! All in all a fantastic stay at The Fistral Beach Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Alison

So pleased to read that you enjoyed your break. The yoga seemed to be a great success so we will definitely be hosting yoga breaks in the future.

I am so glad you enjoyed your room, the staff and the food. Glad also to see that the dolphins got a mention, however I can't guarantee they will turn up every time.

I do hope you will return and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Well what a great hotel. A great location right by Fistral beach and a short walk to Newquay town means you don't need the car which is good because parking could be an issue. So we took advice from others and booked our space at the hotel. A bit of a mix up meant our space wasn't booked but it was quickly sorted. Our room was amazing and as we have a one year old daughter she had all the space to practice walking. The views we had from our room were quite simply astounding needless to say i recommend to book a seaview room. Housekeeping was good. The hotel staff in general were excellent and they were very attentive with our daughter which I appreciated. We ate at the restaurant for one of our 4 evenings. It wasn't too busy but the speed of serving the food was slow and this was an area that could be improved. Otherwise the food was generally good. Just be sure to order more chips when requesting fish and chips. For some reason we were served 6 thick cut chips with our fish which was disappointing to say the least. The breakfast is good with a wide selection of options.

So I was happy with the hotel. Will I go back? Most likely...yes

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jay P

Well what a great review! Thank you.

I am sorry about the slow service you received at that you found the hand-cut chips a bit mean, we will be sure to make improvements in these areas. But glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Penryn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I booked the Couple's Retreat for my boyfriends 30th Birthday as a surprise. I was told on the phone we would have use of the pool, sauna etc before our treatments which when we arrived the reception knew nothing about. I also was told to come back into reception before our treatments began - this would have meant getting dressed again and then being handed our dressing gowns and slippers. It would have been nice if the reception staff had been slightly more organised, however it did not effect our stay.

The full body massage was amazing, the best one I have ever have. My boyfriend had never had a massage before, so was a brilliant new experience for him. The hot stones was something new for us both and something we are both very keen to have again.

When we arrived into our room for the evening, we were blown away. It was spotlessly clean and we were even greeted with a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolates! Both our evening meal and breakfast which were included in this package, were completely faultless.

This deal was very good value for money and I look forward to returning again.

Dear Gemma D

Thank you for the kind review.

I am sorry about the initial confusion regarding your booking but glad that after that everything was so great.

I do hope you will return and look forward to welcoming you back.

Luke & the team at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights. In fairness the rooms are not the best you will ever stay in but the staff are lovely and the service is customer focused and friendly.

From the moment I booked the place with Bridget and got some treatments booked I knew we would have a lovely stay.

Alberto and Kathleen were our stars of breakfast and dinner, with Charlie and Katie giving such fantastic reception service, this was a place you felt at home away from home.

Seldom were mistakes made, but if they were they were identified by the staff, corrected and apologised for before we could notice, what more could one want?

If you want a really great massage from a sports massage trained therapist Jess is the one to ask for, she is fantastic and has healing hands. Thanks for sorting my legs out Jess :)

The views from the Best Rooms with balcony and sea views were awesome and we loved falling asleep and waking to the sound of the waves, absolutely glorious ...

Room Tip: Balcony sea view is the way to go!
Dear Martin C

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased that it was the service that impressed you most as this is what we pride ourselves upon. I will certainly make sure that Charlie, Katie, Bridgitta, Alberto, Jess & Kathleen see your review.

Thanks once again - I look forward to welcoming you back.

Luke & the team at Fistral Beach Hotel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Myself and five friends visited this hotel last weekend on a Yoga weekend. We came last year and enjoyed it so much we brought along three other friends. It was just as good as last year the service and quality of the hotel is exceptional. We enjoyed our spa treatments and the yoga was fab! Both breakfast and the evening meals were excellent! The view is unbelievable and on Sat., whilst in the dining room we saw dolphins swimming in the sea! It's a must!! We'll definitely be back next year!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Stiletto64

Thanks for your kind review, I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable experience. The yoga break proved to be a great success so we will definitely be doing them again.

I do hope you will return - I can't promise dolphins every time though!

Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Me and my girlfriend came to this hotel on 19-07-14 for 2 nights and could not of asked for more. the reception was impressively quick to solve any issues or questions we had and nothing was too much trouble for them. we asked for a recommendation on a local seafood restaurant; they described one to us and said they would ensure a booking was made immediately on our behalf (The Boat House - amazing) . the rooms were clean and spacious; we has a sea view which was exceptional. we also had a massage on arrival (total holistic massage) which was absolutely incredible and would thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: The sea view room we has was exceptional
Dear Tom

Thank you for recommending us! I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable experience. I do hope you are able to return soon and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Luke & the team at Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!