“Returning customers but slightly disappointed this visit!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

You added Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Esplanade Rd, Fistral Beach, Newquay TR7 1PT, England (Formerly The Bay Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Newquay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Returning customers but slightly disappointed this visit!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon years ago and have returned year on year only this year we were left a little disappointed as we booked a couples spa treatment under the impression we would be in the same room but we were not which upset my husband, they tried charging more than the deal stated and the champagne that was also included was forgotten and we didn't get that until we later returned to our room, it kind of spoilt it for us as this was booked as a romantic anniversary treat and my husband took some convincing to have it in the first place, the room was lovely and clean as always but we did have 2 single beds pushed together rather than a double as requested (hate that) and the next morning the shower and hot taps ran cold so we couldn't shower before our long trip home, this happened the previous year too! I have to say though the staff here are phenomenal they are all so friendly and helpful it's the reason we keep coming back and we will continue to do so as apart from this years hiccup, overall it's great! :)

• Stayed February 2014
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Lyndsey

Please accept my sincere apologise for the lapses in the service you received this is not the high standard that we pride ourselves with and I can assure you that I will be looking into the issues that you have raised and taking appropriate action were necessary.

I am pleased that it has not put you off returning and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please contact me directly on manager@fistralbeachhotel.co.uk if you would like to return and I will personally handle your booking.

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and the team at The Fistral Beach Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel certainly has a team that know what they are doing. Having travelled an awful lot in the past it was a pleasure to stumble upon this treasure by the beach.
My wife and I took a short break from city life and after a frightful arrival at a nearby hotel we did a quick google search finding the, Fistral Beach Hotel.
Guest relation staff are more than helpful with one individual in particular named Charlie. This lady not only delivered the wow but went above and beyond her duty for great customer satisfaction.
The hotel is very modern and extremely clean at all times. The bar/lounge is warm friendly and cosy to the extent of family board games for extra entertainment. Maybe missing a Connect Four :-).
Food in the restaurant, bar and room service is exquisite, faultless. Our only criticism would be the breakfast supervisor, judging the book by its cover so to speak. It's 8:30am lady. However the restaurant staff in general, in the evening were amazing 110%
In house Spa is literally 5 Star, no surprise the locals use the facility's on a regular basis. Great massage very professional. Use of a good sized pool and jacuzzi followed with sauna and steam room. Very clean and well organised.
Parking is available with no charge unlike other hotels in the area? The views from the lounge the restaurant and if your lucky enough to have a sea view room are sensational rain or shine.
Our room included balcony, king size bed, Free view TV, An endless supply of Tea and Coffee with biscuits, plus more, and a bathroom fit for a queen with a free standing bath in the middle of the room which enables you to relax soaking up the view of the ocean through the big glass patio doors. Did I mention the bath robes and slippers!
In a nutshell for a English hotel no matter whether your in the Lake District, the highlands of Scotland or the mountains of Wales, finding a hotel this good tucked away in the middle of Cornwall will be hard to beat.
Many Thanks

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Delphinusdelphis1

Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Charlie would like to thank you for her little mention and I can assure you she is a well valued member of the team here and her attention to detail and customers service skills do not get overlooked.

I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the future.

Becky Higginson
southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Weekend convelesence break staff friendly on arrival. Following morning woken by knock on the door@8.45 chambermaid wanted to service room too early . Went for breakfast 9.30 restaurant not tidy all tables in front of sea view were dirty so had to sit further back. On return room not cleaned went out and returned @3.45 pm room still not cleaned we complained were told would send someone but should not have got to this. Chambermaid not friendly at all when we saw her in the morning on our way out. This has spoilt our weekend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear YersieSothampton

Thank you for your feedback, all feedback both positive and negative is appreciated. Please accept my sincere apologises for the lapses in service that your received during your stay. I would like to assure you that I will be looking into your comments and taking appropriate action were needed. If you would like to discuss it further with me then please do not hesitate to contact me on manager@fistralbeachhotel.co.uk

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Excellent hotel, clean comfy and modern! Staff are great, they are friendly and professional and the food is to die for. The spa facilities are so good too and not over priced. Brilliant quality for what you pay, we love it here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Hayzplym

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Having just returned from this hotel with a party of thirteen people
We found this hotel absolutely first class in every way, spotlessly
Clean, superb food with an excellent choice of menu. The attitude of the staff was exemplary always a smile on there faces and always willing to help. In today's world where it seems customary to complain it is extremely rare to find a hotel which reaches such high standard. To the
Manager well done! You have a hotel and and staff to be proud of.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Whatchthisspace

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and that the staff here look after you. I can assure you I am very proud of all the staff here they work incredibly hard and are valued greatly. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Walsall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed at Fistral Beach on all inclusive Parry's coach package. We were upgraded from the Esplanade whilst refurbishments were completed. We were very impressed with the high standards of cleanliness,service and most importantly for us the meals were outstanding in quality,quantity and choice. The staff without exception were polite and friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be at work.The only downside for us was the stormy weather whilst there but this enabled us to make use of the very relaxing spa facilities which we might not have done if weather had
been better. Would love to go back and have benefit of a sea view room.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Julespelsall

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay so much, you will have to re visit us in the summer to make the most of the wonderful see views.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Reviewing after my second stay at this hotel which was once again fabulous. The team are very friendly polite and professional. Rooms are to an excellent standard and the spa facilities are great.
The steak in the bay view restaurant is delicious!
Thank you I will be back again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Carscia

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully next time you visit it can be for pleasure and then you can really relax and enjoy yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and the team at The Fistral Beach Hotel

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!