The Watergate Bay Hotel “does it” for us. It has a great location, is “cool” without being pretentious and has super service. Although young, the staff are skilled and efficient without being obtrusive, such an important part of any hotel stay.
The rooms are smart and modern and if you have a sea view (recommended) its as good as anywhere in the world.
In 2012 the opened a lovely new swimming pool and during a cold January visit we used it often and were usually the only two in there. This was complimented by an outside hot tub overlooking the beach – very bracing.
Food at the hotel is superb, we over ate another memorable dinner and also over indulged at breakfast – Watergate bay you have us hooked!
I always comment on the beer and the hotel’s beer outdoes many pubs – superb Skinners heligan honey in this case. My only complaint is that they charge hotel priced £3.90/pint and £6+ for a glass of wine. I suppose they’re worth it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Watergate Bay Hotel gives you all the great things you'd find in a mountain resort - on a beach! It's an awesome mix of adrenalin sports, gorgeous accommodation, great places to eat and drink, inspiring people and a relaxed vibe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Watergate Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel And Extreme Academy, Watergate Bay
- Hotel Watergate Bay
- Watergate Hotel Newquay
- Bay Hotel Watergate
- Watergate Bay Newquay
- Watergate Bay Hotel Newquay, Cornwall