Just returned from watching my daughter get married. Such a wonderful venue with great views over the sea behind the ceremony. Room was excellent and the wedding team made a good job of decorating it with our bunting and pompoms. Food was out of the world for the canapes, wedding breakfast (really good home cured gradvalax as starter) and cute pasties at the evening do. The pool and downstairs lounge were both very relaxing and there is a super compact cardio room. Our ocean view bedroom was freshly renovated and gave just about enough room for us to spread out. The more expensive rooms are more expansive even featuring a bath in the bay window. The cliff top location meant it was rather bracing in late September so it was not the weather too sunbathe on the terraces. Breakfast was self-service so no problems with portion control.
All in all had a wonderful (there said it again) 4 nights with a great crowd of people.
Great venue for a wedding.
Only one big drawback is the distance to Cornwall from the Midlands if you don't like driving now that there are no flights to Watergate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Watergate Bay Hotel gives you all the great things you'd find in a mountain resort - on a beach! It's an awesome mix of adrenalin sports, gorgeous accommodation, great places to eat and drink, inspiring people and a relaxed vibe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Watergate Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel And Extreme Academy, Watergate Bay
- Hotel Watergate Bay
- Watergate Hotel Newquay
- Bay Hotel Watergate
- Watergate Bay Newquay
- Watergate Bay Hotel Newquay, Cornwall