“Family of 3” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 108 Newquay B&B and Inns
Doncaster
“Family of 3”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed with our young son for 3 nights. John and Kaye are lovely hosts and very welcoming. Breakfasts are cooked fresh and delicious. Stayed in room 8 and the bed was very very comfy!! Still had plenty of room for our sons cot too! It is a longer walk then we first thought to get into the main part of Newquay especially if you want to head towards Fistral beach so we did need to use our car more then we would have liked. Lusty glaze is only 5mins walk away tho. All in all, a great little B&B and very reasonably priced. Would recommend!

• Stayed June 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I give 5 stars rarely and I like to think I give them fairly. I've stayed at amazing properties worldwide and although the facilities are fantastic many don't have that intangible thing that makes you feel completely satisfied. This is what Blue Haven has. If you are looking for an English B&B with wonderful hosts (I am truly baffled and that other review) who are genuine and go out of their way to ensure that you see Cornwall and eat well while doing it. This is the place to stay. The breakfast is delicious and the rooms exactly as they should be. So in conclusion if you are looking for a resort don't stay here, if you are looking for the Ritz that's not what they do here either. If you are looking for a lovely, warm cozy B&B look no further. I will be back. I loved Room 8, great size and great bed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed her as a family of 4 in August and cannot fault it. The location is perfect, the food excellent and the rooms spotless. John and Kaye were very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
They even posted some items back to us that we overlooked in the room.
It's little touches like this that keep these lovely guest houses separate from the hotels. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
Gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a great find! Fantastic welcome + nothing too much trouble for the owners. Our room was beautifully quiet + very well kept. The bed was extremely comfortable + even had an orthopaedic
memory foam mattress on it.
The breakfasts were superb. It is not often that you get fresh fruit for breakfast but that was a real bonus+ everything was freshly cooked.
There was even a hot tub in the garden + although we didn't get time for that we will next year when we will definitely go back.
The final plus was that we could walk into the centre of Newquay to get a meal + the beautiful
Lusty Glaze beach was just down the road as well. Perfect!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked 3 nights here for the 1st week in August this year. I've never actually stayed in a B&B before, I've always stayed in hotel chains so wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it as I was worried I would feel like I was staying in someone else's home. I didn't feel like this at all, we could come and go as we pleased and because the 6 rooms were always full there were always plenty of others coming and going and sitting with us at breakfast. John and Kaye are great hosts- they manage to get the balance between being very approachable, friendly and helpful with being professional and giving you your privacy perfectly. We stayed in the 4 poster room and found it to be very spacious- in fact I would go so far as to say it felt more roomy than some of the 4 and 5 star hotels I've stayed in! Yes the bathroom isn't massive but then what hotel bathroom's are really? I'm a larger lady and didn't find it cramped! The room had a little wardrobe tucked away plenty big enough with lots of coat hangers (very useful as some places only supply half a dozen!), we each had a bedside table with 3 drawers, a small chest of drawers and a dressing table with drawers so there was loads of storage. We had tea/coffee facilities, flatscreen TV with freeview, free Wi-Fi and an alarm clock. I was really impressed with the hairdryer- it wasn't one of those little ones that takes an age to dry your hair but a nice big one that does the job and there was a small basket of toiletries too. It really did impress me- there was nothing that a big hotel didn't have! I would go so far as to say it was the nicest place I've stayed in, and by far the best value for money. It was definitely the cleanest! Breakfast was delicious and there was lots of choice too- it kept us going until our evening meal! The location is good with adequate off road parking- you can see the sea from the B&B and a 5 minute stroll takes you to Lusty Glaze Beach. It takes about 20-25 minutes to have a slow walk into Newquay town. We didn't use the car much while we were there, we walked through the town to Fistral Beach and back and also walked to Newquay Zoo and Trenance Gardens and we are not the fittest of people at all! This was our first holiday in Newquay and we have fallen in love with the place, we will definitely be going back and have recommended Blue Haven to everyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a very enjoyable stay and the hosts were lovely. The breakfast was all freshly cooked. We have booked again for a few months time. First class accommodation. Thank you very much for the lovely weekend.

• Stayed July 2013
Derby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Blue Haven was very clean, good value for money and the owners were hospitable, friendly and helpful. The room was a little tight, however the bed was very comfortable, there was a wardrobe for storage and the en-suite bathroom was very adequate. The breakfast was very substantial with cereal, fruit, toast and a full english breakfast on offer, with tea, coffee and juice.
It is situated in a quiet area only 10-15 walk into Newquay and you can park your car off road right outside the b&b. My partner had some concerns regarding her medication, which needed to be kept in a refrigerator, and the owners John and Kay kindly looked after it in their personal fridge instead of us worrying about it in the communal one. We would recommend this b&b to visitors to Newquay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Haven Guest House? Share your experiences!