“It was amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of First Wave Adventures Activity Centre

First Wave Adventures Activity Centre
7 The Crescent, Newquay TR71DT, England (Formerly Barefoot Adventures Activity Centre)
+44 1637 879614
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 60 Activities in Newquay
Reading, United Kingdom
“It was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We took a group of young people away to Newquay and had an amazing time. First Wave were so helpful and went above and beyond their job to make our stay a good one. They were very flexible and helpful in the run up to our trip and throughout our trip. They are a friendly team who easily became part of our team. the young people loved them and I would reccommend First wave to any other groups who want a great week.

Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Barefoot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I visited Newquay in October 2013 as the leader of a school group of 80 x Year 9s from South London. We booked through a schools booking agent, Barefoot Adventures, based in Newquay itself.

I would just like to express my gratitude for the excellent service displayed by Lee Betts at Barefoot Adventures and the staff at the actual hotel we stayed at, Hotel Sunnyside. In making the booking, I found all communication and admin to be exceptional- prompt, courteous, and professional. We had to change the booking a number of times for different reasons, but these changes were actioned efficiently and without complaint.

All aspects of our stay surpassed expectations. When choosing Barefoot Adventures, I found them to be cheapest available. We decided to opt for them due to the limited budget for this trip. I therefore had a slight concern it would not be as marketed. But it certainly was. And more. We choose a 4 day package with surfing lessons for 3 days and an outing to an outdoor activity centre.

The surfing lessons were the highlight. All the instructors were so patient with the students. It was great to see. Special thanks to Adam, the leader instructor. A real star!

The accommodation at Hotel Sunnyside was basic and clean and thus perfectly fit for purpose. Myself and the other teachers were upgraded to 'standard' rooms with single beds. The students were allocated 'bunk' rooms. There were seemingly dozens of rooms at the hotel and so they were able to accommodate all the friendship groups really well. Sorting this issue out was perhaps the most difficult aspect of the entire trip! Sandy, the manager, was very able and willing with the rooming situation. Throughout our stay, I will say that all the hotel staff were very good but Sandy, as perhaps the most prominent, stood out. A very professional and friendly lady- a credit to the hotel.

We booked a package with all meals provided by the hotel- breakfast, a packed lunch, and a 3 course dinner. The food was substantial and flavoursome. Again, I expected far less quality for the price paid. All diets were catered for. No complaints whatsoever with any of the meals. After dinner the hotel provided a quiz and a disco one night for the students.

Throughout the stay, Lee from Barefoot Adventures stayed in touch with us to ensure everything was running smoothly. I understand they plan to provide reps next year to accompany the groups. I think this would make a great addition.

A thoroughly enjoyable stay. The students and teachers all had a wonderful week of surf and sand (and a little sun!). Thank you to all involved for successful trip. We will be in touch again soon to book up for October 2014.

Visited October 2013