“Fantastic B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 109 Newquay B&B and Inns
Kilrea, United Kingdom
“Fantastic B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

A fantastic B&B which is as good and indeed better than many hotels. It is conveniently located on one of the main roads into Newquay and is within walking distance of the centre of Newquay and it's beaches. There is room for car parking at the front.

I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere as clean as Hartson House. As well as being clean our room was a good size and tastefully decorated. The room contained tea and coffee making facilities. Each day bottles of water and biscuits were left for us, a very nice touch indeed. The ensuite like our room was cleaned each day and was absolutely spotless. The ensuite actually contained a towel warmer which is quite uncommon in many hotels these days.

The breakfast was very good. Cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast and a cooked English Breakfast were available each day.

Free wi fi was also available.

The owners Mark and Karen were very friendly and extremely helpful. Overall we were absolutely delighted with our stay in Hartson House and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Heckfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A big thank you to Mark and Karen for looking after us so well.
Mark offered us a lift into town but we needed a walk and it is not far either. The place is immaculate and I would ask anybody who complains if their house is kept to this standard before complaining!! Too many wingers these days who backstab hoteliers rather than be honest with them to their faces!

So for me and my two biking companions this was ideal. The breakfast was superb and well presented. The rooms are very modern and tastefully done, what more can one want?
Our kind regards
Marc Zak & John

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We first stayed at Hartson House August 2011, we loved it. Mark and Karen are lovely, the house is modern with good quality furniture, fittings etc, immaculate rooms and bathrooms. We couldn't wait to visit again in June 2012 and found the same high standards. The breakfast is brilliant- as others have accurately described- full English, fruit, cereal yoghurts etc a huge selection. The house is easy to find and in walking distance of the town and beaches. We couldn't imagine staying anywhere else and are looking forward to staying there again in a few weeks time.

Room Tip: All rooms ensuite with shower but kingsize room - upstairs (room 4 I think) has a bath with shower o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

For me Hartson House Newquay is my ideal! A real home from home! We arrived to a warm welcome from our hostess Karen, which set the standard for the week! We were given a key and advised therein no curfew on coming and going, simply let yourself in and out, also advised how we can contact Karen or Mark at any time!. The room was simply lovely! Spacious clean, with a superb ensuite with shower! Fresh towels and toiletries provided when needed but I liked the fact that we were asked to consider our environment and only put towels for washing when necessary! Tea making facilities in the room were kept topped up throughout the week along with bottled water and biscuits! Breakfasts were served at a reasonable hour and not once were we made to feel a nuisance when we had a later start! The food was perfectly presented with a wide selection of self service cereals, fresh fruit, beautifully presented, and yoghurt a, then a choice of full English, or any part thereof, or toast with fried poached or scrambled eggs all perfectly cooked to order! Wonderful start to the day which set us up until around 3 pm. The rooms were cleaned daily and there was always hot water available! The bed was comfortable, with lightweight duvet plus extra blankets available. Finally, our hosts, Karen and Mark were friendly, courteous, very helpful and we left at the end of a week feeling we had been welcomed into this lovely family home! Our comment in the visitors book, simply says 10/10 enough Said!! Highly recommend this as a perfect place to base yourself for your Holiday in Newquay !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner normally use hotels due to previous bad experiences of B&B's. Therefore when looking for Newquay were aphensive about booking a B&B, however after reading reviews of Hartson House and the price we decided to give it ago.
From arrival to when we left I could not find anything to complain about. The owner met us at the door and was very welcoming before showing us to our room, which was nice, modern and most importantly very clean. The en-suite provided a bath and shower which again was clean and to a high standard. Importantly there was no curfew and we were able to come and go as we wanted without worrying about the doors being locked as we have previously experienced. Finally onto the breakfast, as there was only 4 rooms the breakfast room was adequately sized and a freshly cooked full English was prepared along with the continental option being available. Upon our return to Newquay we will defiantly use Hartson House again. Many thanks for great get away.

• Stayed July 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I don't usually write reviews but I have to say this B&B meets the highest standards and is highly recommended. Karen and Mark provide exceptionally clean, smart, comfortable accommodation plus a friendly welcome smile. Hartson House is a credit to their hard work and attention to detail. This was by far the best B&B we had the pleasure of visiting in our seven day stay Cornwall. Would definitely stay again and have no hesitation in recommending to anyone staying in the Newquay area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Coulsdon, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife an I wanted a cheap short break and after reading reviews about this place I booked in for 4 nights at the end of May. My wife is VERY particular about cleanliness, especially in the bathroom, so when I told her I'd booked a B&B and not a top hotel, she was predictably jittery.

It turned out she need not have been concerned. The proprietors at Hartson House, Karen and Mark, set their own high standards and we found the whole establishment to be spotlessly clean. When the property was refurbished, attention to detail was a clear priority with clean lines and high quality furniture and fittings.

The property is located within walking distance of the coast and a local pub. It is possible to walk from here to the town centre in 15-20 minutes. It was easy to find and has ample car parking.

The breakfast was the usual fry up (my personal favourite), but yogurt and health cereal was also available along with tea, coffee and juices. There is certainly no reason to begin your day hungry.

Karen and Mark are both friendly and welcoming. We took their advice on local restaurants and attractions. I would echo Mark's recommendation of the Lakeside restaurant and Healey's Cider Farm.

I had the thoughts that cheap B&B places offer a basic, budget, not so clean offering. There are lines of B&Bs in most UK resorts, and some just don't look inviting. Hartson House is way above that level. I would certainly stay here again and recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a better than basic, clean, homely place to stay without breaking the bank.- I thought £60 per night for a large double room with well appointed en-suite, was great value.

Mark did say that bookings are up this year (I'm not surprised) so beware this very good B&B may be fully booked. Check it out.

Room Tip: We stayed in a spacious room at the front of the building with the bay window. New double glazed win...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hartson House? Share your experiences!