I stayed here recently with my wife and children (aged 4 and 1) on the strength of reviews on tripadvisor. It truly was an amazing hotel for families. The weather was pretty terrible but there was so much to do within the hotel that the children were kept happy. It's all on the hotel's website so I'll not go into detail, suffice it to say that the facilities were second to none and everything was provided with young children in mind. The room we had was very spacious and beautifully decorated with a spectacular sea view. It was great to have the children in a separate ajoining room. The only problem was sneaking out through their room to escape to the bar and restaurant once they were asleep! We were unsure about using the baby listening service as we don't even have babysitters to go out ourselves when we are at home, but we trusted it and were so grateful for it as we thoroughly enjoyed having a lovely three course dinner every evening without the constant demands of messy little people! The kids loved the children's tea time. The quality of the food was very good and you could be as healthy or unheathly as you liked. I think that what stood out for us were the professional and caring staff. They were all so helpful and good with young children. When we checked out our 4 year old cried. We will definitely be going back. I can't think of anywhere else in the world we would rather go as a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2012 Sands was voted Best Family Hotel in Europe and the UK by the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall