We stayed at the Sands for 6 days a couple of weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised throughout our stay. The layout and contents of the rooms was well organised for a young family. Things such as a step for a toddler and a separate nappy bin were welcome additions to a normal hotel room. Our interconnecting rooms were perfect for making sure that our children didn't wake each other up during the night as they each had their own, separate from ours. The children's meal at 4.45pm - 5.45pm was very fit for purpose. High chairs were available, a buffet of hot and cold food each evening specifically designed for young children and a relaxed atmosphere. After that comes the best bit as far as we were concerned... Once the children are asleep, we would turn on the monitors in their rooms and then tell reception we were going to the restaurant. We were then able to sit and enjoy a three course meal (the menu was changed every night) and if one of the children started to cry we were tapped on the shoulder and informed. Luckily for us this only happened once and the rest of the meals were completely peaceful and very enjoyable. The prices to include dinner on top of bed and breakfast were a bargain as on the whole the food was of a good standard and nicely presented. They also have great play areas for the little ones (including soft play) and clubs in case you want some alone time with your other half. The pool is nice and warm and the baby pool is perfect for toddlers to splash in. The staff were incredibly friendly and couldn't do enough for us. My trip to the spa (courtesy of a very understanding husband) was wonderfully relaxing and I also enjoyed trying out the Flabelos machine which was interesting! All round, this was a great place to stay with children and we will definitely be going back if we holiday in Cornwall again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2012 Sands was voted Best Family Hotel in Europe and the UK by the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall