“Dog and child friendly village pub serving great food and real ales.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Old Albion Inn

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Derby, United Kingdom
“Dog and child friendly village pub serving great food and real ales.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Dog and child friendly. Quite a wait for food to arrive but well worth waiting for! Emma made us very welcome and was always pleasant. Tribute and Doom Bar real ales. Good wine list. Sunday roast highly recommended!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Always best to see for yourself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family & I are in Crantock for half term. My wife wanted to visit the Albion for a trip down memory lane as she had visited here as a child.
I read the reviews on here and I tried to talk her out of going, but she said we should see for ourselves.
Good call Mrs I, I think I worked out from the previous reviews who the landlord was and whilst not overly friendly I would say he was not rude in anyway, in fact I am in sales and can read people pretty well. I would describe him as shy. However he's done a great job at employing some good staff, the girl that served us was really friendly. The food that was served was excellent quality at a fair price, I believe if you want to pay for cheap food you will get cheap food. As for the waiting time it wasn't fast food but just long enough for for quality food to be freshly cooked.
In all I was left pleased that we decided to try it for ourselves and a lesson learnt, try for yourself and make your own mind up.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Etwall, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We ate here tonight. The food was lovely. The menu whilst not extensive offered all if our party of 7 something that we fancied. Unfortunately the young waitress made a mistake with our order however she apologised and rectified the error with no fuss or problems. We really enjoyed the food in an unrushed atmosphere, the fish cakes off the specials menu were exceptionally good. We will definitely return and cannot understand the negative comments from previous trip advisor reviewers.

“Excellent food and Ale great service except the older dude behind the bar can at times be miserable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We visited here after going to Crantock Beach and just happened to see the sign for the pub so thought we'd nip in for some grub and a pint. I had few Doombar which were just the ticket, the food was great and I recommend the figs wrapped in Wiltshire ham and the Duck breast. The service was very good from the young lady behind the bar although there is an older chap who works there (maybe the owner?) who comes across as miserable. I felt like saying if you've had enough of this place I'll happily take the rains for you fella, as it's in a lovely spot. Overall it's well worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
glossop
“What a difference!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A year since our last visit to Crantock and we were delighted to see the improvements that have been made to The Old Albion Inn. It looked clean and loved again and we had 2 lovely meals there. Lucy our labrador was warmly welcomed and the new owners have really made a difference to this beautiful inn.

• Visited September 2013