“Great surfing experience” 5 of 5 stars

+44 7790 477099
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: At Big Green Surf School we pride ourselves in giving loads of personal attention in the water to ensure you're getting the most out of your surfing. With amazing accommodation available in-house at Base Surf Lodge we've got everything you need to make the most out of your time in Newquay. Come and join us at Newquay's Premier Surf Experience!
London, United Kingdom
“Great surfing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Big Green Surf School was recommended to me by a friend's friend who goes there regularly. I am glad I got this tip since I had a great experience there and couldn't have asked for a better surf school and coach.
Dale, the head coach, is/was very switched-on, competent, professional and helpful throughout the whole course. The small group size was very apt for my individual needs and with Dale's assistance I managed to improve my surfing quite a bit. The most important thing was, that I had a lot of fun and I would have loved to stay longer. I would go back there anytime. Definitely to recommend to anyone wanting to surf in Newquay!

Visited May 2014
BigGreenSurfSchool, Owner at Big Green Surf School, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thanks so much for the great review - it was a pleasure having you down here and look forward to seeing you in the water again soon!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Can't fault! Go see them.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Been around a year since myself and my girlfriend went to Newquay to surf, but we are hopefully going back this summer with friends and won't surf with anyone but big green. Amazing instructors who will cater for all levels, I wanted to go out further so Dale humored me and was there to pick me up when I inevitably wiped out! All of the instructors and great people, fun to be around and patient. The best!

Visited June 2013
Thanks so much for the review dude, we'll get you back out on those bigger waves this year when you're down - look forward to seeing you guys!
Ipswich
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Surfed with the company and Dale whilst in Newquay and couldnt have asked for a better instructor very helpful and a good laugh even ended up booking a second lesson ! Would definitely recommend !!

Visited September 2013
BigGreenSurfSchool, Owner at Big Green Surf School, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thanks for the review - look forward to seeing you back in Newquay again soon!
Guildford
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great tuition - most of the other schools have huge classes so there is no way that you can get the personal instruction so brilliantly given by Dale. The equipment was top quality, the pace and content of the course was perfect. My 11 year old daughter is now raving about surfing and asking when we get a board. Many thanks.

Visited April 2014
You guys really made the most of the small group and the waves we had! It was great to see so much surfing passion from someone so young! Look forward to the next visit and pushing that surfing even further!
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I really couldn't recommend the Big Green Surf School more, me and a couple of friends went for the 5 days of lessons and had an absolutely awesome time. The coach Dale was fantastic, his passion, enthusiasm, patience and incredible knowledge of surfing helped us all to build up our technique and confidence, and so we all progressed rapidly over the 5 days. He was constantly giving us great pointers and tips to get better and get the most out of every wave. The surf science lesson was fascinating and also recording us from the beach on video camera on day 3 helped hugely. His relaxed, down to earth and open character was great too and he quickly became a friend not just a tutor. If your thinking of learning to surf in Newquay, choose big green surf school, its such good value for money, seriously just do it. You wont regret it!

Visited March 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Cheers for the review dude, it was great to see you guys improving throughout the week, and that Video Coaching really seemed to jump things up a gear! Look forward to seeing you all later in the year!