“All that in just a lesson or two.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 60 Activities in Newquay
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: At Big Green Surf School we pride ourselves in giving loads of personal attention in the water to ensure you're getting the most out of your surfing. With amazing accommodation available in-house at Base Surf Lodge we've got everything you need to make the most out of your time in Newquay. Come and join us at Newquay's Premier Surf Experience!
Mamoudzou, Mayotte
“All that in just a lesson or two.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Before we started, coach Dale told us that he would get us on our feet by the end of the first lesson... but how long we stayed on them was up to us! There were seven of us on my first lesson. It was such good fun - and I am not a sporty person - that I went back the next morning for a second lesson with coach Andy. They got me on my feet, and I'm really proud of that. It's harder than it looks, but it's wonderful fun.

Visited August 2013
BigGreenSurfSchool, Owner at Big Green Surf School, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Both myself and Andy were so impressed with how well you guys did, that second lesson really pulled it all together for you! Hope you enjoy life back on the island and if you're ever in need of some real Cornish Sunshine, head on back and we'll grab a few waves!

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a great surf lesson, the groups were not big and Alex was an excellent instructor. My friend has never stood up on a surf board and Alex made made miracles and woodie was stood up within 30 mins of lesson.
Dale was also very helpful with our booking and throughout our stay with board hire and where to surf. We had a great time :)

Visited July 2013
From what Alex tells me it was you guys working the magic out there, you did so well in the lessons and it was great fun having you guys around the surf school. Look forward to the next visit!
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Go to Big Green Surf School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Having always wanted to learn to surf, I am so glad that my first experience was such a fabulous one. Dale and all the instructors with the school were incredibly friendly and always ready to help you in any way, ensuring that the lesson is tailored to your ability as well as taking into consideration any fears or needs you may have. Having been ill for one of my lessons I was unsure as wether I would be able to cope with a lesson but Dale assured me that he would stay with me and help me where I struggled, and that he did. Also, since we were staying at Base Surf Lodge the school offered us a discount and the already well priced lessons were incredible value for money. As with the lodge, I couldn't recommend this school more. Thank you so much, I really hope to visit again soon!

Visited July 2013
It was such a shame you were ill and had to sit one out, but you certainly made up for it the next day! We were all really impressed with how well you did, especially when you were under the weather! If you ever fancy another crack then get on down here and we'll get you ripping again!
London, United Kingdom
“Big Green Surf School = Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you want to go surfing in Newquay, then Big Green Surf School should be your first port of call!

I booked the surf lesson for a hen weekend activity for 10 of us. Most of us were complete beginners (first time even seeing a surf board for some of us!) and a couple of the girls have always wanted to try surfing but weren't very water confident.

The level of service we received from Dale and the rest of the Big Green Surf School was absolutely amazing. Dale was very accommodating to our every need, whilst planning the hen weekend, replied to every email and call (there were quite a few!) and went to the trouble of booking several other activities for us during our stay!

The surf lesson was brilliant, Nick, took us straight out to the beach, spend a few minutes teaching us all the basics and got us straight out to hit some waves! Almost everyone was standing up after this first lesson, and those who weren't very water confident got so much encouragement from Nick, and were almost there! We all had such an amazing time, and are now planning to come back next year for some more lessons!

We all had such a brilliant time surfing, and during the rest of the hen weekend, thanks to the Big Green Surf School. We can't thank you enough! Can't wait for the next surf lesson! :)

Visited July 2013
It was great to see all the planning coming together, Nick was stoked after your lesson, said you were all great in the water and really seemed to get the nack of it pretty quickly!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the rest of the activities we arranged for you, time for another wedding so you've all got a reason to come back again!
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Awesome surf lesson!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I can't thank the guys at the Big Green Surf School enough. A group of us booked in for a lesson for my birthday and I took my 66 year old disabled father who has always wanted to have a go at surfing but never had the chance. I discussed it with Dale the coach beforehand and whether it would be possible and they were more than happy to help. EXTREMELY patient, kind and lovely coaches (Nick and Dale). Our group also included a 6 and 7 year old and again the coaches were brilliant with them. Everyone got stood up at least once after just one lesson and most of all it was loads of fun. I would pick these guys every time. Friendly, relaxed but even more so gave us all the surfing bug! Thanks again.

Visited July 2013
We're always happy to customise what we do to allow absolutely ANYONE to get involved. It was a great lesson, your Dad was an absolute hero and to get him stood up by the end of the lesson was just amazing! Hope that surfing bug keeps up and we see you down here again soon!