Two friends and I opted for a long weekend surfing so immediately thought of Newquay as our ideal destination. After a search we agreed on Mor Surf Lodge, primarily because of cost and location.
I know there are a few conflicting views on here but please don't expect a Rolls Royce on a shoe string budget!
The good bits:
1. Staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and just all-round nice folk. Genuinely could not have done any more for us. They were awesome!
2. The location was near enough to town to walk to the mainstream beaches and for food / a few beers but far enough to not be disturbed by the mass exodus from clubs.
3. Rooms were clean & tidy with an ensuite.
4. Great amenities and they were readily available at competitive prices (bar, pool table, TV, surf hire etc.)
5. Easy check-in / check-out processes.
Couple of additional points:
1. There are a couple of sets of moderately steep stairs in place so if you have mobility issues you might want to ask for a room as low to the ground as possible.
2. The rooms are relatively basic, but they do however contain ALL of the essentials. We found that we hardly spent much time in the rooms anyway as we were out surfing / exploring etc. so for us it was perfect.
I would recommend Mor Surf Lodge to small groups as an ideal place to crash for a surfing / activity based stay. I cannot do justice in describing how friendly and accommodating all of the staff were, they really were fantastic. No doubt we will be back to Newquay surfing again next season and we will definitely be looking to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Activity Lodge based in the heart of Newquay. Private bedrooms in bunk style accommodation all en-suite. Free breakfast included. MOR has fantastic facilities including a great bar with large sun terrace overlooking the sea, games room with competition pool table and freshly ground coffee available throughout the day along with a selection of bar snacks. Just a 5 minute walk to the town centre with nightlife and shops. 10Minutes to town beaches. Ideal base for large groups on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your MOR reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- MOR Newquay, Cornwall