“awful, do not go there” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #108 of 171 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Newquay, United Kingdom
“awful, do not go there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Took two and a half hours in total waiting for food, I ordered and medium to well done steak which came out raw, then another member of the party ordered waffles as a pudding and it was cremated, it had been turned over in the hope he wouldn't notice, terrible food, long waiting time and expensive

Visited December 2012

“Very good service and the food was good not great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The ribs were good and very good value but there was a big portion that was all bone. It mayhave been better just not to add those bits.

Service was good although the place was a little cold.

I would go back again.. the rubs were worth it. The children's menu also makes it very affordable for families. :-)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fun and yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After lots of fancy food, we fancied a good hearty meal, and this is exactly what we got at the meadery! The service was great, waitress really friendly and attentive (not too much though!) and the food was simple but tasty. Just what we were looking for. Oh and the decor on the inside is great!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stumbled across this gem of a place while walking around looking for somewhere to have dinner. What can I say? The atmosphere was great, medieval theme worked very well, the staff were very friendly and more than happy to help. He had the half chicken which looked more like a whole chicken, it was huge! I had the pork ribs which I thoroughly enjoyed! The drinks too were great with some really unusual cocktails. The price was very reasonable also. If we ever come back to Newquay, which I'm sure we will, we're definitely coming back here.

Good job!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good food and fast sevice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had dinner in here on a Saturday night, Chose it mainly as it was very close to our hotel. Impressed ! My partner had roast lamb and it was huge and well cooked. I had to help her out with it !. My Steak and ale pie was very nicely flavoured however the meat was a little tough.
On the whole not a bad place. Interesting decor. and yes we would return on our next trip to Newquay

• Visited October 2012