“Fantastic day out!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: No.1 Adventure Activity Centre. We are the specialists in water,rock,wind & land based activities across Newquay and Cornwall.Vertical Descents is ideally situated for your fun packed day out wherever you are. We run over 20 activities with our Coasteering Centre, Surf School, Kite School, Kayaking & Surf Rafting Centres. With numerous other activities we have your holiday adventure covered for all groups, ages and abilities to suit your needs. With trips running an all year round we offer tailor-made packages including multi-activity days, stag/hen packages including accommodation, military adventure training, school/scout group residential's and corporate events. With centres also across Scotland too. All our centres are AALA Licensed to take juniors on adventurous activities.We are also a part of the National Coasteering Charter.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Truro, United Kingdom
“Fantastic day out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

What a great experience. Thankyou Sam, Duncan and Charlie for a great day! Highly recommended to all thinking about doing this. Our day was a bit rough and choppy in the water, and I think this just added to the experience rather than hinder our fun or safety. The guys looked after us the whole time and we had a good laugh along the way. We will definitely be doing this again!

Visited June 2013
kernowmaidsrock, Front Office Manager at Vertical Descents Cornwall, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your review!
Stoked you had a great time with us. We hope to see you guys again soon ;)

Plymouth
3 attraction reviews
“WAAAAHHOOOOO!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Best coasteer experience in Cornwall!
Great way to see the coastline and do something different with your day! Charlie and Sam were super helpful and informative. I felt 100% safe in their hands. Didn’t matter that I lacked experience and confidence in some parts of the coasteer as they are there to support you all the way. I had such a great time I can’t wait to try it again!!

Visited June 2013
kernowmaidsrock, General Manager at Vertical Descents Cornwall, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your review.

Stoked you had a great time with us. We hope to see you guys again soon ;)

London, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked coastering for my boyfriend birthday. I was a little scared but wanted to make him happy. When we arrived the guides were really friendly and they knew what they were doing. I felt straight away very safe. We didn't lose time and after being geared up and a security briefing we went straight in the water. What an adrenalin rush! They took us around the cornish coast, doing huge jumps in the water, swimming and climbing. We even saw a seal! I really enjoyed the activity. I felt safe at all time but the friendly team really provided enough motivation so I pushed myself :) I would recommend vertical descent to anyone wanting an adrenalin fuelled day out. We are actually thinking of doing another trip to Scotland this time to go canyoning with them. Thanks a lot guys for a really good day out!

Visited June 2013
Thank you Anne so much for your review. Hope you had a great birthday week.Stoked you had a great time with us. We hope to see you guys again soon ;)

6 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I did this activity on my own as a 40 something lady, and what an adrenalin rush!!! Charlie and the other guide (sorry I have forgotten your name) were fantastic. I felt safe at all times and enjoyed every single minute of it, highly recommended and would definitely do it again. Mr Freeman (Morgan) you are an inspiration to young boys, at 13 you showed a maturity and skill that someone in their 20's would be hard pushed to have, I salute you!!

Visited June 2013
Thank you so much Ali for your review.
Stoked you had a great time with us. Morgan is one of our legends in training.

We hope to see you again soon on one of our many other activities available in Newquay ;) We know you will have a great time with us.

London, United Kingdom
“Top Trip with Top Boys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Spent a good few hours with Sam & Charlie last week filming an Adventure Travel series. This episode was showing off what Cornwall has to offer and we couldn't have been better looked after. They both have a tonne of knowledge about all the coves and cliffs we explored and made it really fun. I'd highly recommend looking these lads up if you're keen for a bit of adventure and seeing the beautiful Cornish coastline in a new light from a new perspective. All round excellence! Cheers boys.

Visited June 2013
Thank you so much for your review.

We hope to see you guys again soon on one of our more activities ;)