“Brilliant food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Perranporth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a great place to eat. Barmaid was lovely, the food was excellent and the prices are great. Will be visiting again and telling family and friends to visit xx

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Austell, England, United Kingdom
“Service poor, food good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I read the reviews on this pub and though this would be a nice place to eat, how wrong I was.
When we walked in everyone looked at us and watched us as we went about our business. When we went to order food the barlady was very rude and not friendly at all.
However the food was great, the service from the waiter was lovely.
This feels like a 'locals only' pub and we did not feel welcome at all, not the atmosphere I enjoy when I want to eat a meal out with friends.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Good beer but.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great range of beers but as a member of CAMRA it is a shame that the landlord cannot put on a guest beer that is not ST. Austell brewery. Good food and customers, might be tempted to visit again and again!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Wow - the best meals I've had in a long, long time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The lamb shank was really tasty and the portion more than I could manage. I tasted one of the other meals on our table and had to order it for myself. It was chicken in prawn and port sauce - not things I would have ever dreamed of putting together but wow! It was truly delicious! And there were loads of prawns too (not like in most places where they show the plate the prawns and the customer has to imagine them there).

The price was good too, especially considering the quality and the quantity. The service was great - really friendly and professional.

I'll definately be going back to that pub if I'm in Cornwall again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Sunday Roast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have visited this pub twice for a Sunday Roast. The service is quick and staff polite and friendly.The 2 choice of meats were well cooked and very tender. On both occasions, the vegetables (which are served in tureens) were the same-carrots, cauliflower cheese, swede and courgettes.The latter 2 are not everyone's choice and we would suggest that the choice needs to be more varied to include (in season) runner beans,broccoli, cabbage and peas (frozen if necessary), maybe tinned sweetcorn to ring the changes.
We had a good meal as we eat most veg but not all do...

Visited September 2012