“find a better hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Newquay
staffordshire
“find a better hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2007

We have stayed at the atlantic many times.there have been a few problems over the years but was sorted .the last time we went was the last straw with what happened.the reception staff were not helpfull what so ever .and did not seem bothered with our situation.as loyal customers i thought they would off.We stay at the headland now which is far better and very helpfull staff at all times.we wont be going the atlantic ever again.they have seen the last of our money. for service. food .a nice smile.and manners GO THE HEADLAND.

• Liked — the sea views.
  • Disliked — .room tidyness.not helpfull staff.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2006

We stayed at the Atlantic hotel. I can say with out hessitation the hotel is a dump, we were disgusted at how dirty th e pools were the unfriendly staff it was such a dissapointing holiday for us . Stay away from Newquay unless you like slot machines and crowded streets full of people with no cloths on! I am not a snob but if you are looking for a semi decent place this is not it.

London, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

I was quite wary of what to expect. As soon as my husband and I arrived we knew we were very happy with our choice of hotel.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, our room was spacious, clean and even had tea making facitilities which were not mentioned on the room description; there was a wonderful view over Newquay from the large bay window. It only takes a few minutes to walk into town or over the headland to Fistral Beach.
But with the advantage of being very quite with no passing traffic, just the sound of the sea and seagulls! The breakfast was plentiful with a great choice and very pleasant surroundings. There are two restaurants Silks having a great ambience and good food. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend the Atlantic, we hope to visit again in the near future.

• Liked — Bedroom
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — None
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

I have just come back from a 3 night stay at The Atlantic - I was on my own as my husband and son were on a fishing break in North Cornwall and I was desperate to get away from the heat of London. I upgraded my standard single room to a superior which was a bit bigger and had a lovely sea view. The ameneties at the hotel are excellent - I used both the swimming pools and ate in the Bistro. The hotel's postion is wonderful - within a couple of minutes you can be walking along the coastal path to Fistral Beach and Newquay's harbour and its centre are only 15minute walk away. Staff at the hotel are young and very eager to please although a few more would have been nice to serve coffee etc in the lounges.

• Liked — Hotel Position and range of amenities
  • Disliked — Room was on the small size
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Atlantic Hotel

Address: Dane Road, Newquay TR7 1EN, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Cornwall > Newquay
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
#9 Business Hotel in Newquay
#10 Romantic Hotel in Newquay
Hotel Class:4 star — The Atlantic Hotel 4*
Stunning location, breathtaking views of the coast and a short walk from the Harbour and Town centre, The Atlantic Hotel provides the perfect base from which to explore Cornwall. Whether it is a family holiday or a romantic getaway you will not be disappointed with your stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Atlantic Hotel Newquay
The Atlantic Hotel Newquay, Cornwall

If you own or manage The Atlantic Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.