“Business 2 Business Experience - Brilliant !!” 4 of 5 stars

The Headland Hotel - Newquay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fistral Beach, Newquay TR7 1EW, England   |
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Newquay
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Business 2 Business Experience - Brilliant !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I work for a housing association and had to book this hotel for part of my job at work - as I book a number of hotels through my role I know how hard it can be to work well with Hotels as they have very little time for admin - Although working with Hannah and other members of staff at the Headland was an absolute pleasure - Efficient with paperwork, very polite and happy to help at all times. Would highly recommend this hotel as I had great feed back from the guests I booked in - And in regards to B2B relations The Headland and all staff I dealt with are an absolute dream !

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
W-Pheby, Guest Relations Manager at The Headland Hotel - Newquay, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you Francesca for a brilliant review. We really appreciate your comments ,especially those about our lovely Hannah.

I do hope we will be able to work with you again in the future.

Wyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
West Country
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Just got back from a Xmas party event at Headland hotel. Have visited Newquay many times on business and always thought it would be nice to visit as it stands so proud at the end oft be headland but just never got around to it.

Great spot with dramatic views over some of Europe's best surfing beaches. Received a very warm welcome for the reception team (who rang room ten minutes after I had settled in to check everything was OK, which was a nice touch). Also the open fire in the main entrance hall was great after such a long drive and the smell of the burning timber made it feel quite homely.

Food was good, service was good, atmosphere was great, bed was exceptionally comfortable.

No complaints at all. Will definitely visit again

WELL DONE TO ALL THE MANAGEMENT AND STAFF FOR GREAT SERVICE!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
W-Pheby, Guest Relations Manager at The Headland Hotel - Newquay, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear 'Napoleon'

I am delighted that you finally fulfilled your wish to stay at The Headland and even more so that we lived up to your expectations.

Thank you for a great review and please don't leave it too long until your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Headland is in a gorgeous building sitting on a promontory that juts out into the sea. I can imagine it's wildly popular in summer as it's right on Fistral Beach and even in winter there were a few hardy souls waiting for the breaks.

The absolute highlight of the hotel apart from its rather moody location is the spa. The facilities are superb and the staff are perfectly trained - the facials are excellent and the relaxation room is just gorgeous. It's definitely worth whiling away half a day just on total serenity and relaxation.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 'Devil's Advocate'

What an interesting name and what a super review!

I am so glad that you had a great time at The Headland - it's what we're here for. Thank you for all your lovely comments and we hope to see you again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The Headland is a lovely country-style hotel overlooking Fistral Beach on the periphery of Newquay. There are also charming cottages to rent which is where I typically stay. They are cosy and offer a variety of sizes.

The staff are friendly and helpful. Good food is served in the restaurants and the new spa is delightful.

I throughly reccemend a stay at The Headland.

• Stayed November 2014
W-Pheby, Guest Relations Manager at The Headland Hotel - Newquay, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for a short but sweet review and for your recommendation. We hope to see you back at The Headland in the future.

Sentosa Island, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not the most beautiful Victorian building, but when it comes to position, the Headland Hotel pretty much has fabulous views from every window. We were blessed with mild, sunny weather and panoramic views. The hotel is comfortable, very clean and I really appreciated the improvements that have been made there over the last few years. The hotel staff were welcoming and helpful. The only thing I didn't like was the check in process. I arrived with arms full of luggage and the receptionist sweetly told me that I had to go back outside and get my hire vehicle number or my car would be towed! I understand they have a parking problem, but surely it could have waited until I could put all my bags safely in my room. The room I had was lovely, with a four poster bed and an ultra modern bathroom. Saying farewell to a group of friends outside the hotel in the morning, we were unexpectedly overwhelmed by the smell of exhaust fumes from the kitchen. The breakfast we had was delicious and I am not sure what the offensive deep frying smell could have been, but it needs to be investigated for the sake of post function frail guests!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheHeadlandHotel, Duty Manager at The Headland Hotel - Newquay, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Linshimm,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at The Headland. I am delighted to hear you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable, and our team welcoming and helpful.
We appreciate your feedback and will certainly investigate ways in which to improve our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Headland soon.

Best regards,
Afra
Dudley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stunning location. Stayed In a best double room. Fabulous views. Bed was hard. However, it was immediately rectified when mentioned. Great staff. Extremely professional. Breakfasts were excellent. Superb christmas decorations. The log fires added to the authentic atmosphere.

Stayed December 2014
Thank you for an excellent review. I am so glad you had a happy stay here and your comments are much appreciated. Thank you ,too, for mentioning that you found the bed too hard so that we could rectify it to suit you. We are always happy to do that, if guests let us know. Please mention your preference when next you book with us. We hope that will be often and we look forward to it.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in one of the best rooms which lived upto our expectations. A large spacious room decorated in traditional style with a fantastic view of the sea. Food in the restaurant was excellent, a good choice on the evening 3 course menu. Likewise breakfast in the morning overlooking the ocean had a very good choice.We have stayed at the Headland several times and the staff have always been welcoming and polite. This was the first time that we used the new Spa facilities, which are a great improvement on the old pool etc. We also had one of the specialist Spa treatments which was of an excellent standard. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels over the years and I must say the standard of the room we stayed in and the level of service at the Headland exceeded many of those 5 star properties.We are looking forward to our next visit in the new year.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tantonius

Thank you for a superb review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I am delighted that you enjoyed your birthday treat with us. It is always lovely to hear from long standing guests and to see what you think of all the new innovations. I am glad to see that you approve and we look forward to having you back with us often in the future.

Wyn

Been to The Headland Hotel - Newquay? Share your experiences!