“Fantastic, Friendly and Welcoming Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fistral Beach, Newquay TR7 1EW, England   |
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Newquay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, Friendly and Welcoming Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed in one of the cottages in the grounds of the hotel for a weekend when my son and fiancée held their wedding at the Headland Hotel in Dec 13. The arrangements and organisation for the day were second to none; the Staff could not do enough for us. They were friendly, welcoming and always smiling taking time out to chat and make us feel welcome, nothing was too much trouble. The cottage was worth every penny. Plenty of room for my wife and I, my daughter and her partner and my two young granddaughters. Clean, spacious and perfect for families, the cottage had all of the items you could wish for be it for a weekend or longer. The facilities in the hotel were brilliant, my grandchildren made the most of the swimming pool whilst the ladies used the spa. Worthy of a special mention was Sarah, the Porter. She was fantastic and the kids, as did we, loved her. Well done Headlands Hotel. I will be back!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel - Newquay, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
I am glad that you chose to stay in one of our stunning cottages for such a special weekend. As you mentioned our cottages are fully equipped for the perfect weekend away! Sarah was delighted with your kind comments. Thank you for your review and I look forward to your return to The Headland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a family get together last weekend, staying 2 nights at the Headland. We were blown away by the how fantastic this hotel has become.

The staff are definitley one of the biggest assets, friendly, helpful and efficient.

The Spa is AMAZING, we were all totally impressed.

Breakfast, one of the best I've had in a hotel (I had 3 courses)!

Dinner in the hotel restaurant was also of a very high standard.

We could not fault our stay and we are all looking forward to the next time we get the opportunity to have another weekend like this. Myself living local to Newquay, I will definitley now think of the Headland of somewhere to pop in to have a coffee and a relax and enjoy watching the Atlantic.

Room Tip: We managed to find a great offer on Travel Zoo but when I called the hotel they actually agreed to h...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
It's always lovely to hear such great comments from guests that live locally. I'm glad that you and your family had a fantastic time! Thanks for your 5* rating, and I look forward to seeing you very soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The staff made our stay fabulous . Stunning views from our room . Nothing was too much trouble . Reception , bar , resturant staff were great . Food very good . Very good value for money we will definitely be returning . Carry on doing what your doing you've got it right!

Room Tip: We have an ocean view room , fabulous .
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in one of our ocean view rooms, the views really are stunning! Thanks for your great comments and I hope you will think of us when you plan your next visit.
Bodmin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Lovely friendly staff, nothing too much trouble.
The room was excellent and included some nice touches, bath robes & slippers, box of local fudge etc and very cosy.
The evening meal was great, the food was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection, and the waiting staff again were lovely, as were the bar staff.
Breakfast overlooking the bay was superb and nice to have so many local products on the menu.
Thanks for making it a great birthday break.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
A truly wonderful review, thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I am glad that you enjoyed your birthday here at The Headland, and it would be lovely to see you soon.
Whitchurch on Thames, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was my second stay at The Headland and this was better than my first ten years ago. I got a free upgrade to an ocean view room room - stunning view and room. The public areas were well maintained with all the original features retained with the odd modern twist, i.e. modern recessed ceiling lights.There were large comfortable sofas and arm chairs with coffee tables on landings off the impressive stair case, ideal seating when waiting for someone. The bar area and terrace were very comfortable and the prices reasonable. There is now a spa, not my scene, but if you like that sort of thing it sounds ideal. The only down side to my stay was the sodium flood lights illuminating the building, my room had fairly thin curtains so the room was too light at night. Not a major problem

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel - Newquay, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for returning to The Headland, I am glad that you enjoyed your stunning view from your room, we are so fortunate to be in such a fantastic location. Thanks for posting your review and I look forward to seeing you soon.
Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed for two nights in November having books through Secret Escapes. Got a really good deal with bottle of wine and box of fudge in the room upon arrival, as well as dinner included on one of the nights.

The hotel looks impressive when you arrive and the reception staff were friendly and helpful and gave us a tour of the hotel on our way to the room. The room itself was immaculate, with great views of the beach and sea and was very nicely decorated and extremely clean.

Dinner was good, but the breakfasts???? WOW! Exceptional breakfast menu, with anything and everything you can think of. So much nicer than the bog standard English breakfast buffet! Eggs benedict, kippers, porridge and honey, veggie cooked breakfast, omelettes, all cooked fresh to order. It's was in addition to the juices, yogurts, fresh fruit, cereal, toast and pastries.

The addition of the new leisure club and spa offers guests something else. The club itself is very tastefully decorated and offers swimming pool, sauna, steam room, massage showers and jacuzzi. The spa looked very nice as well, although I didn't get the chance to book any treatments. Maybe when I go back next time......!

All in all a very nice two night stay, with friendly staff and great food. Why more can you ask for?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
What a fantastic review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Our staff will be delighted with your wonderful comments and I will ensure that I pass them on. I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The best thing about this hotel was how friendly and helpful the staff were. The hotel itself is beautiful and cozy.
The spa/leisure area was very modern but the swimming pool, jacuzzi area was overly crowded on the Saturday (the gym was quiet!). Sunday was better.
While dinner in the restuarant was delicious, the portion sizes were very small and we were left quite unsatisfied. Breakfast was excellent.
All in all, a very nice weekend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay, and I'm so glad that you had such a delightful time with us. I will let the team know you were well looked after, and I welcome you back soon.

Been to The Headland Hotel - Newquay? Share your experiences!