“Great value for money!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 71 Specialty Lodging in Newquay
London, United Kingdom
“Great value for money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here with four friends for my stag weekend. Having looked around at hotels and hostels we found Eton Court and couldn't believe that for the same price as a dorm we could get an apartment. We stayed in March which is out of season so in the summer the value for money might not be as good depending on the price. The six person apartment we had was well equipped, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen with everything you would expect, the sitting room had a table and chairs with two sofas and flat screen tv. Location wise, it is less then five minutes to the town centre, there is a hill to get back up which is tough when you've had a pint or ten but not too bad. You have an allocated parking space so can come and go as you need. The key system is actually straight forward and you get an email or text with instructions before you arrive. We paid the extra for late check out which includes the parking. The place is a little dated decoration wise and could do with updating, but for the price we paid I really couldn't complain about it too much. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it as a place to stay when visiting Newquay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

6 of us Stayed 2 nights and I have to admit we were so pleasantly suprised. For a stay that cost us just 55 each for 2 nights you couldn't ask for better. We had the top floor with a balcony (very nice surprise) view over Newquay was great. 2 bathrooms a full kitchen a large living room with flat screen on the wall . Very comfortable beds .fantastic value for money.
Will be back

Stayed September 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Upon arrival at Eton Court Apartments we knew we had made a massive mistake! The exterior is Grim and very depressing. It didn't get any better... The communal stairway is dark and smells of damp and cat urine. The decor well, I can't even begin to describe how revolting it was! After finally figuring out how to get into the key safe for our key, (the instructions were inside the apartment of all places) we entered... Eeeek it was horrid! The decor is typical 70s and the bedding looked that old too! We had two showers, however one didn't work so relied on the one we had, then the cold water tap stopped working... So I made a call to ask if someone could come and sort it as we didn't have a shower and I could not believe what I was hearing! Anyway he refused so we were stuffed! Upon our return home, I called them to ask when my £120 deposit would be paid back onto my card, the women hurled abuse down the phone at me with regards to the shower and put the phone down on me! (Well so she thought, haha... ) I listened to both the man and the women for 25 minutes with their insults. Honestly they just don't care about their business (if you can call it that) or their guests. My deposit took two weeks to come back which is wrong! Please please please don't book this accommodation, it really is bad but the owners just make the experience even worse! Oh I did I mention the springs sticking out of the mattress and the hairs in the bed....

• Stayed July 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Due to misunderstandings and misleading information at booking.com's website we ended up having booked for fewer people than we had, and after some discussions, the house owner started swearing at us and telling us to 'go home'. Although we asked if the original number of people(6) could be allowed in and the rest find another hotel, the owners continued to refuse us entry, having no valid reason for it and continuing to shout at us,when we never even entered their front door. We ended up having to find a hotel at 1am, and although we were promised a refund by booking.com then, now they have declined to refund and later we were charged for another £224 for no reason.
We are very disappointed with eton court apartments and booking.com.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
warwick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is a great find. Reasonably priced and As Long as you don't have massively high expectations then its fine.
We stayed in the 3 bedroom apartments in top floor. It was cleaned to a high standard and all the information we needed laid out in a folder.

Only issue for me was the 9.30am checkout time and the 1 parking space. I felt it kinda made us be a bit more sensible in the night before, but that's not a bad thing.....

Parking across the road will cost around 18 quid per day, so there is a p&d car park less than a mile away that is a max 5.80 per day and 2.10 for evening.

Take your own towels.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Me and my friend stayed at Eton court for two nights a couple of summers ago... And we really enjoyed our stay, the apartment was perfect for us.
But please do BEWARE the parking charge... We left the car for maximum half an hour whilst taking our stuff inside/looking round/putting the kettle on.... By the time we came outside to put in the permit, I had a £60 parking fine. The owners aren't always around either, so couldn't speak to anyone about it. And it doesn't matter if you call them to say that you were staying because you've already agreed to the terms of putting the parking permit inside! Paid without contesting because it was too much hassle to get hold of anyone. Ruined the rest of the time, and I was so angry. Not what you want on a holiday!
Having said all that, that was only downside... Everything else about the apartment was good, and I would probably stay there again.... I would just make sure I put the permit in straight away...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Weymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here for three nights last year & booked through laterooms.com. We didn't have any problems with our booking and were pleasently surprised about the size of the appartment and also surprised about how clean it was. It was pretty easy to find and a good distannce from the town and from the beach, although it is a very steep hill back up! Overall it was very good value for what we paid but the security deposit was ridiculously high, especially with the age group of people wh visit newquay!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and had a fab view