“best b&b in england” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Newquay Townhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Newquay Townhouse
You added Newquay Townhouse to your Saves list
6 Tower Road, Newquay TR7 1LR, England   |
Ranked #38 of 108 Newquay B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“best b&b in england”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The Town house is in a central position of Newquay, it is beautifull, cozy and confortable. Fran is very friendly and the perfect b&b landlady to make the holiday really relax. Breakfast is very good, big choise also for persons who doesn't like english breakfast, like me. The rooms and bathrooms are new furnished, with beautifull furniture, and very clean. This was the best b&b on my journey around England and Cornwall.

Room Tip: i was in room number 1, beautifull view to the sea, but i think all rooms are beautifull
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011 via mobile

Most stylish beautiful house on the street! Best location, 10 minutes walk either side to fistral bay or main town bars as shops... Best breakfast ever!! Choice of full English every day, eggs benedict, salmon, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, I could go on... Parking if you drive, the owner Fran is extreemly helpful and welcoming to her guests.. If you can get the top room, Do! It has the best en suite and view over Newquay bay and watergate... Amazing stay! We will be back!! Lou and Steph

• Stayed June 2011
Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at a local resort for a week and decided to stop on in Newquay for a few more days, on the morning of leaving our accommodation we drove past this property and said that will be our first port of call to see if there was any vacancies, we knocked on the door and what a welcome we had from Fran, she had no hesitation but to show us a room that had only just been vacated and not cleaned such was her confidence in the quality of her accommodation and we were not disappointed. Fran has a great eye for quality and detail and this shows through in her accommodation.
Great accommodation, fantastic welcome, superb breakfast and super host.
We will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Really enjoyed my stay here, the room we had was on the top floor and has been recently refurbished, very clean and modern and a nice size bathroom and shower and possibly one the most comfortable beds I've slept in. Room had all the things you'd expect i.e tea and coffee facilities and a tv but tv has dvd player and dvd's were available to watch (which I thought was cool). Additional to this, Fran (owner) had put together an information pack containing breakfast menu options and a variety of things to do and see in Newquay, although most people have an idea what to expect from Newquay I thought this was a nice touch.
Location is ideal to all areas, 2 minutes from Fistral beach and 10 mins into the centre of town, there was also parking.
All in all a very nice place to stay and would not hesitate staying again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

I spent one restful night here at the end of a business trip. I walked to Fistral Beach, a few minutes away. I went to the beach bar, had the seafood chowder, a glass of wine, and watched a glorious sunset. The accommodation is, perfect, modern, homey, clean and comfortable. I would recommend Newquay Townhouse for a holiday, alone or with a partner, and I'm sure that children would be welcome. The location seemed very convenient to me and I would most definitely stay here again, should I find myself in this neck of the woods for business or pleasure. Look at the website for the photos. They are for real!

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

This centrally located family run B & B is newly opened this season. I stayed for a few days when first opened and returned here at the end of the summer season as I found it to be quite a home from home on my first visit. I was not disappointed. It's really good for the lone traveller and is well situated if you are travelling to Newquay by bus as the bus station is 10 minutes walk away and also the town. Sainsburys is five minutes away. The famous surfing beach Fistral is also a moments walk away, not a surfer myself, but they can supply surfing lessons from the B & B if required. The rooms were well appointed comfortable beds with white cotton sheets. The room has TV/DVD/Freeview and hairdryers, radio alarms and tea and coffee making facilities, I can recommend the hot chocolate! My previous time here I stayed in the room with a view - the top room of the B & B and this time I was in the newest room which wasn't quite finished the last time I was here. This was a twin room but as with all the twin rooms here they can be made into doubles. I was informed on my arrival that there was a problem with the shower head in the en-suite which was going to be put right the following day, the swivel action on the shower head was not quite right and this was indeed put right the following day. The owner Fran, made a lovely cooked breakfast, proper sausages - which is a pleasant change from the mass produced stuff normally supplied. Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on one day , full english another day with scrambled egg, or if you preferred a fried egg ( I prefer scambled myself) and proper tomatoes, not tinned ones. There was a choice of breakfast cereals, fruit, yoghurt and fruit juices. Freshly percolated coffee, and a choice of teas, breakfast or Earl Grey. Fran said she was thinking of offering a breakfast menu which you could order the day before rather than just a full english because it wasn't what everyone wanted and some people preferred a smaller breakfast, she wanted to see how that went down amongst the guests. I think that this a good idea, as I actually preferred the scrambled egg and smoked salmon, although I wouldn't have wanted to eat it every day. She was also thinking she said of doing off season only - bed breakfast and evening meal, but this is in the planning stage at present, but would probably be a good idea if the breakfast is anything to go by. Whilst I was staying there, a couple arrived at 12.45pm - yes that's correct at nearly 1.00 am, I had just returned from a night out at the Red Lion which is nearby where there was a live band playing. They could easily have been turned away at that time of night but, Fran made them welcome, they were indeed lucky to have found somewhere that would take them in at that time of night, now that's what I call service! Will certainly go back and to see how it progresses. I hope it does well! I have put on my review that there is internet access - this is wi-fi and there is one parking space - although there are car parks just across the road if needed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Newquay Townhouse? Share your experiences!