“Really relaxing, fabulous holiday.” 5 of 5 stars

Natural Retreats Fistral Beach
4 Pentire Avenue, Newquay TR7 1FB, England   |
Ranked #12 of 70 Specialty lodging in Newquay
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Really relaxing, fabulous holiday.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I go away alot on my own, and for me the comfort of the experience and quality of the accommodaiton is crucial to enjoying my holiday, I just wanted to say really that I was really impressed with my Fistral Beach holiday, things like the hand-written greeting on arrival and the friendliess of the manager I met there and staff that helped me get my brain in gear and organsed my meals out for me were really fab! Apartment and location was pretty spectacular too!

It all went way beyond my expectations in a number of ways. I stayed in Apartment 11, which is one on the first floor - and one tip I would say is go for the first floor or one above, the view over the beach and water was incredible. I had quite a simple plan for my trip, involving mainly chilling out with wine on the balcony (of which I'd brought my own and then realised they'd provided some!), taking walks on the beach and sampling some restaurants - all of which I really enjoyed. It was also recommended for me to visit Truro for a day out proper, and that was cool too, saw Truro Cathedral and had a lovely day out.

My fave place to eat was Lewinnick Lodge, just down the road and (I don't drive) within easy walk with another set of stunning views accross Crantock Beach and fave place to chill - balcony of my apartment and the spa/pool down the road from the apartments (Fistral Spa).

I really want to get back there as quick as poss! It left me feeling really relaxed and happy and very reluctant to leave! Fab, fab, fab! :-)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We recently stayed at Fistral Beach in apartment 5. What a great apartment - a home-from-home. We haven't slept so well in ages on holiday. The apartment was extremely spacious, clean and well-equipped. Being paranoid about our car, we appreciated the secure parking. The parking spaces were adequate but the exit route is, admittedly, a little bit tight. Beware! The beach was literally a few minutes walk down an unmade road at the rear of the apartments. Nearby were some good hotels where we would generally eat, as well as the excellent Lewinnick Lodge at the end of the road. We would definitely stay here again and we will recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: A ground floor apartment makes life easier.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We managed to get a great deal staying here and this only really became apparant when we arrived. We stayed in Penthouse C and there was just the 2 of us! it was huge and plenty of room for the 6 people it can cater to. The view is breathtaking and very hard to leave, the small touches were lovely such as the welcome hamper and temple spa toiletries. We had a lovely handwritten welcome note which I also thought was a great touch.

The accomodation has everything you need with a brilliantly stocked kitchen and excellent appliances. (lots of different glasses, crockery, cooking pots and pans, baby and child cutlery and bowls etc)

If I had to give some feedback it would be that in the welcome booklet, tell us where the instruction manuals are for things. It took quite a while to find them so we could work a few of the appliances (coffeee machine etc) also a check in time of 4pm and check out of 10am seems a little mean. We did manage to get in early at 3pm but I think between 2 or 3pm and 11am would have been much better.

We had a slight issue which was out of their control, the water was going to be off between 10am and 4pm on the only proper day we had there. For us it wasn't a major issue as we were going out, but it did involve a bit of a mad dash in the morning. The water did actually come back on earlier than 4pm too which was nice. The first we heard it was going to be off was when the receptionist knocked on our door, handed us the card from southwest water and just shrugged, like I said it wasn't really an issue but I wasn't all that impressed with her attitude.

I've already got friends wanting to book on the basis of our experience and its made me want to check out the other locations they have in the UK.

On a final note they aim to deliver a Natural Retreats experience, going beyond self catering. Well this is definatley what we got and I was delighted with the whole experience from booking (very very friendly) to the email communication and the final stay itself.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

Stayed recently at Natural Retreats Fistral Beach and was blown away by the accommodation. Amazing views from the penthouse and the interiors were spectacular. Really high level of comfort and style. The views, especially the sunsets will live in the mind forever. We had stayed at Natural Retreats Yorkshire Dales before and this was a different kind of experience but totally in keeping with the way this company does things. We took advantage of the concierge service and booked surf lesson and tried coasteering with the kids for the first time. Wow, exciting doesn't do it justice. All in all a fab break and can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Natural Retreats Fistral Beach? Share your experiences!