“Really Good and Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 180 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Indian, Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The Maharajah restaurant which was established in 1980 is open from 5.30pm until late, seven days a week. The restaurant in the only real Indian restaurant in Newquay (and possibly Cornwall) here you will find traditional Indian food served in a restaurant with the most outstanding sea views.
Bodmin, United Kingdom
“Really Good and Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had a lovely meal last night. Having walked through Newquay in the freezing cold it was great to walk into a beautifully warm place. Service was excellent, as was the food and the atmosphere.
I couldn't eat all mine so they packed it up to take away. It was very reasonably priced too.Would definitely go there again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mfbSWEngland, Manager at The Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your great review. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to us and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

UK
“best takeaway in newquay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Everything was first class - King Prawn Madras, Bombay Aloo, Naan, perfect rice.... blisss!
They deliver too!!!

Visited February 2013
Great! Thank you. There really isn't any more that could be added. Looking forward to serving you again.
New Delhi, India
“Mustafa Eisa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was visiting The UK with my family after spending nearly 3 Weeks in Europe. And was naturally Home Sick and missing Indian Cuisine. To our delight we chanced upon Maharaja. Walking in and not knowing what to expect we were amazed with the stunning Views the restaurant had to offer. Our experience was further enhanced by the friendly staff and the authentic Indian food they served. My daughter to date says this is the best Indian meal she has ever eaten - and that includes the best restaurants in our country (India). I would definitely return to Newquay - even if it was just for ONE meal at Maharaja.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed our fantastic views, they really are outstanding. We are proud of the traditional food our Indian chefs produce and I am glad you enjoyed your meal. Your daughter has excellent taste!
Geneva, Switzerland
“Would definitely return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Delicious, freshly made food. Nice staff. Huge portions! Pretty restaurant. I went there in the heart of winter (23rd December) en route to spend Christmas in the Isles of Scilly, and imagine that it must be even more wonderful in summer.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
mfbSWEngland, Manager at The Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. Yes the view from our restaurant in the summer is unforgettable but the food is good what ever time of year you visit! I am glad you enjoyed your meal and trust you will come back and see us soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Sunday opening off season”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

There aren't many restaurants open on a Sunday in the off season here, but I was delighted to find this gem of an Indian restaurant. The staff were very welcoming and the service was quick and efficient. I asked for the chef's recommendation for a fairly spicy vegetarian main course and they suggested I try the Dewani handi. It was delicious. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone who likes excellent Indian food!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. Our staff are always happy to recommend dishes as they understand their menu and know the traditional food our Indian chefs serve. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.