“Porthcove cornwall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 108 Newquay B&B and Inns
United Kingdom
“Porthcove cornwall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Me and my mother came to Porthcove just for 4 days while i was visiting my sister in cornwall, and i was pleasantly suprised, the prices were the best around for july 2010 at around £35 a night if i remember rightly and that was includng breakfast! Jim and Yvonne were so welcoming and friendly and really put me and my mum at ease, they were so helpful to us and reccomended us the best places to visit and the best paths to walk on the coast out front, the rooms were basic with small bathrooms but they were clean and beautifully decorated, and OMG the views from the bar and dining room downstairs were to die for, i could have happly sat there all night each night and watched the sunset in awe, it was amazing. I would reccomend plus plus that everyone should try Porthcove when visiting cornwall.
Thank you Jim and Yvonne for the beautiful memores and i shall be back again at some point definatly.

Room Tip: there not all sea view so ask when booking if you want to have a sea view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We went there in September 2010 for a short break, had a family room for 2 adults + 2 kids aged 8 & 5. We were made to feel most welcome by Jim and Yvonne. Great breakfast and we played pool/snooker/billiards on the free table in the bar with the kids in the evenings. Opposite there is an amazing beach down loads of steps, we took our wetsuites and swam in te sea for hours. All in all a good value hotel in an excellent location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I found this a perfect base from which to explore Cornwall. I set out each morning, contented, after a good nights sleep and a hearty breakfast. I had reservations about the size of the single room that I had booked but I needn't of worried. I liked the room and Jim offered to upgrade me to a larger one but I'd settled in by then. The breakfast room was airy and had one of those 'living flame' type gas fires which I enjoyed staring at as I savoured the particularly tasty mushrooms.
The only negative criticism I would make is that being a cautious driver of my well cared for Rover 75 I found it impossible to get into the car park which was accessed via a narrow driveway alongside the hotel. I parked on the 'Bus stop' opposite the hotel and in Trevelgue Rd (1 minute walk away).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Porthcove Hotel is a lovely hotel which has recently been refurbished, the owners Jim and Yvonne are lovely, the hotel is clean and tidy and has a a nice bar and lounge that has a small snooker table in, the breakfast are excellent, the room is very clean and tidy with a nice tv/dvd in, Jim and Yvonne and lovely host's and we will who left an extra treat of Easter eggs for my girls, we will definitely be returning, there are 3 beaches quite close all are brilliant depending on your requirements.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

In a nice, quiet location on the hill up from Porth beach.
Clean, friendly and comfortable. No issues or problems with our stay and would return again.
Not a lot in the immediate area, just the Mermaid pub down the road which is very busy but do good food.
Newquay is a 5 minute drive away but no longer the surfer dude/family friendly resort it used to be. Now caters for the stag/hen party types which made it quite uncomfortable walking around late afternoon and evening. Not nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We had a lovely long weekend stay with Jim & Eve,they were always available for help with things to do and places to go.
The guesthouse has wonderful views over Porth beach from the rooms and terrace and access to the beach is directly opposite,we had some wonderful walks particularily into Watergate Bay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Porth Cove? Share your experiences!