“Really good school, improved my surfing massively!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 60 Activities in Newquay
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Errant Surf School in Newquay is dedicated to providing a fun, ethical, professional and safe service. We don’t do battery farm surf lessons – everybody receives personal advice and coaching no matter how big or small the group is and our highly qualified instructors teach you how to surf, not crowd control like most surf schools. Life is about living for your passions and we all absolutely love our jobs and this enthusiasm spreads like a rash onto every customer. Good times are guarenteed!
“Really good school, improved my surfing massively!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 weeks with Errant learning to surf in August / September. The school is well-located with easy direct (albeit down steep steps) access to the beach. Well-equipped with boards and wetsuits to suit all abilities and shapes and sizes! Lessons were in very small groups and came with plenty of individual coaching - the staff are right there in the water with you helping and advising. The staff are very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel at home and part of the crew, and have a wealth of local knowledge to guide both surf trips and activites off the water. The price of the course included daily photos (always funny to review at the end of the day!) and equipment hire outside of lessons - giving plenty of opportunities for practice.
Overally, a very friendly and helpful team in a prime location, who helped me to a memorable holiday!

London, United Kingdom
“Great week-end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My girlfriend bought a deal for the both of us via the Errant website for us to have a nice little break. It was awesome!

The staff is great.
Super friendly, they know of to make you feel confortable and relaxed. They're also very flexible. You want to keep surfing after the lesson? You can. You want to return later on after lunch? No problem. You need advice whether it's surf related or not? Matt knows all the cool bars and restaurants around.

Instructors are great too.
Rhys was taking care of us and he'll get you up on the board sooner or later! He's the kind of guy
who will go the extra mile to ensure you're fully enjoying your surfing exeprience. I only talked to one other instructor (sorry for got yourname!) but he was equally nice and helpful.

Location is lovely.
Newquay is super sunny and the beach where you'll be surfing is perfect for practice.

Just keep one thing in mind though: this is a small and relaxed surf school, not a 5* ressort. People there we'll take great care of you and you'll surely have a great surfing experience but don't expect individual showers, masseuses or massive changing rooms, you'll be disappointed ;)

-Ronie

Bath, England, United Kingdom
“Hooked on surfing after a week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We went for the 5 day lesson package as one of us had some surfing experience and the other had none, and we really wanted to improve. We were both catching decent green waves by the end of the week, and progressing onto short boards. We were even able to borrow boards in the evening at no extra cost to go and ride Fistral. The staff are all really friendly and helpful, and we would recommend them highly!

Visited August 2013
Max_Hepworth, Owner at Errant Surf School, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hey Tom, cheers for the kind words mate and it was as fulfilling for us to watch you shred throughout the week! Hope you keep up your new found skills and hassle me for a few waves at Fistral this Winter. Happy Surfing!
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Best weekend ever! Learning to surf in Newquay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a fantastic weekend learning to surf and practising yoga in Newquay. The guys at Errant couldn't do enough for us, they went the extra mile to make sure we got the most out of our short stay and were so patient in showing us the ropes. Lots of great advice, not just about surfing but also about the local area. Hoping to get back down there ASAP!

Visited August 2013
Hey Hayley. Thanks for the kid words, I had an awesome weekend with you and Owen, although that second yoga session nearly killed me ha ha. Hope to see you soon x
“Great time learning to surf here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I had several surfing lessons here during a 2 week stay in Newquay, and this was a fantastic experience. I had not done much surfing before but by the end I felt that I had really learnt a lot.

Errant is a really good surf school. All the staff are really friendly -the instructors are great (especially Rhys!) and they make you feel very relaxed. It's really good value and a lovely location- we had the beach to ourselves most days.

I will definitely come here again next time I am in Newquay and would totally recommend it to anyone who is thinking about surfing lessons!!

Visited August 2013
Hey Meghan, I passed on your kind words to Rhys and he's "well chuffed" :) We had such a sick week with empty, fun waves (a bit of rain but who cares, we were wet anyway!). Hope you have safe travels. x