“It smelled like Big Foots nether regions” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lusty Glaze Lodge

Lusty Glaze Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Lusty Glaze Lodge
You added Lusty Glaze Lodge to your Saves list
Lusty Glaze, Newquay, England   |
Ranked #65 of 71 Specialty Lodging in Newquay
Dublin
“It smelled like Big Foots nether regions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I want to get a tshirt made “I didn’t survive the Lusty Glaze Lodge – and I’m proud of it”

This is without doubt the worst place on earth I have ever stayed. End of story!

I may have been suffering hallucinations caused by the smell of the place, but I’m reasonably sure that I saw Bear Grylls in my room during the night looking for food he could eat, and then puke because it was even too disgusting for him!! To be fair the chicken wing that was sitting in the room when we arrived did look as though it had been there a fair while, and may have been too much even for Mr Grylls.

The good news is that if you lose your socks on your stay at the Lusty Glaze you will have no difficulty finding new ones, it seems like every room has been pre supplied with a damp used pair to mitigate the smell from the carpeted bathrooms. Oh also on a positive note, there is enough sand in the rooms to make sand castles – small ones, which is always fun!

Also if you like desks, you will LOVE the Lusty Glaze. There is at least one in every room that our party stayed in, and in many cases members of our group decided to place their mattresses on the desks as they were more comfortable than the beds.

Can’t comment on the breakfast – I checked out before I could bring myself to risk eating in the place. Bring towels, bring toilet paper (they do supply “a” roll, but a second one seems to be a bridge to far. Do not stay in room 109 …. If you get that key … run away, to quote a famous movie “it smells like Big Foots ....”

C.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed there for a stag weekend and it was good enough for what we needed. The beds were clean and comfortable. My only real complaint was the bath didn't work in my room and no shower. Staff were spot on and the bar was £2 a pint.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Bedfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I stayed in the Lusty Glaze Lodge for a hen weekend and it was great! If all you need is somewhere to lay your head and have a shower then it's great. We have ensuit rooms, cleanliness wasn't great but it did us just fine. Make sure you take your own bath towels as they dont supply them. Location is great, only 5 min walk to the beach, tesco express nearby too, bars, clubs and shops about 15-20 min walk or 2 mins in a taxi. Perfect for a party weekend in Newquay.

• Stayed June 2010
Plymouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Parked adjacent to a building site. Checked in and finally found our room after following the maze of corridors and misguided signs only to find a sign with bathroom crossed out and our room number written above it. Not a good sign. The room was extremely small with a mismatch of furniture and any space their might have been taken over by a rusty and creaking bunk bed. All of the surfaces were thick with a layer of dust and the floor was covered in what looked like dog hairs. Found somebody elses razor and a plug full of hair in the shower cubicle, making it obvious that the room had not been cleaned before our arrival. Bathroom was tiny, barely space to move through it and only supplied with a half used roll of toilet paper (in the end stole some from one of the public bathrooms). Public lounge was full of empty beer cans and glasses which were left out for over 24 hours. The whole hotel was full of signs to things that didn't exist such as a sauna, swimming pool and squash courts but instead just took you down a mouldy staircase with the roof falling in. All in all this hotel is due for demolishment and certainly deserves it. I'm sure there are plenty more options to stay in Newquay for a similar price, and if not find a cave it will be cleaner.
p.s don't touch the curtains, their likely to fall down.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Sunny Hoylake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Checked in and immediately checked out. no food, no towels, no bar- no anything.
Not even a kettle to make a hot drink. more of a doss house than a hotel. Ok if you just want a bed and nothing else!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I stayed at the Lusty Glaze Lodge with my friends for a hen party, and I would just like to say what a great time I had!
I heard that it used to be a hotel which had been turned into a lodge, so i was surprised at the quality of the rooms which we had.
The staff were very friendy and helpful, and gave us great tips as to the best places to go out at night!
The lodge is only a 5 minute walk from Newquay town which was an added bonus!
For anyone looking for a fun chilled out break to Newquay, I would definately recommend booking in at Lusty Glaze Lodge.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Lusty Glaze Lodge? Share your experiences!