“The best Chinese restaurant in UK” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 177 restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Chinese Restaurant with Take Out serviceFree onsite parkingOpening Hours:Monday, Wednesday - Sunday: 5pm - 11pmClosed every TuesdayOpen on most bank holidays
Bath
“The best Chinese restaurant in UK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went to this restaurant for an evening meal with friends and had a wonderful time.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the manageress even gave her time to come and talk to our party, which impressed us. We had a marvelous meal and a great time with attentive service and have vowed to return when we come again in September.

• Visited July 2013

90% Recommend
“Best dinning for a Birthday party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I live locally and decided to visit The Orient for my mum's birthday celebration. The party was for 10 of us, among these were my parents' closest friends and I was slightly worried of how they would enjoy the night but I was not disappointed at all!

It was a busy Friday night as there was a lot of people waiting for take-way at the front/waiting area. We were greeted and offered drinks while waiting for the rest of the party. Once we were seated on our reserved table, I noticed that they were also busy in the restaurant too but the lovely staff were still giving us a constant attention with offering more drinks and checking on our dinners. The food were unbelievably AMAZING! I kept checking on everyone to make sure that they enjoyed it as much as I did and they ensured me that the this was the best Chinese they ever had! To end our wonderful night at the restaurant, Jessica (the manager) brought out rounds of variety of liqueur shots to us and my parents were PROPER chuffed!

Overall, I am so glad that I made the right decision by visiting The Orient on this special occasion and will always return to this place even without anything to celebrate because it is just as nice to have a take-away too.

• Visited May 2013
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Always fantastic! Best place in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

As a local, I would definitely say that The Orient is one of the best restaurants in town and without a doubt the best Chinese in town. I've visited the restaurant and takeaway numerous times and I've never had a bad experience. You can tell that the food has been cooked freshly and with fresh ingredients and it never fails to surprise me with its tastiness. Whether you are just having a takeaway or sitting down in the restaurant, the service is always very professional and friendly and nothing ever seems too much trouble for the staff. I also find it very good value for money, the portion sizes are more than generous and if you are sitting in the restaurant, you are always offered to take the food away with you which is great! I would highly recommend The Orient to anyone as I'm sure they would enjoy the experience as much as I do every time.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Gorgeous food and great service :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Always go to this resteraunt wen in town. Best chinese resteraunt in area. Welcome children. Authentic chinese cuisine at good prices. Lovely staff. Would highly recommend

“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We drove passed The Orient few times and their carpark was pretty full all the time, taking it as a good sign, we decided to give it a try!
We so wished that we tried it sooner!
Food was very delicious, even better than the one we use reguarly back at home.
Service was very good, attentive yet not too in your face!
Will we come to The Orient again?Definitely!!