“Best Fish and Chips In the UK!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Best Fish and Chips In the UK!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my meal at Truscotts! The service is way beyond what you expect from a chippy, Amazing customer service! As we sat in the food was all cooked fresh and the owner made a big deal over my ordering Plaice as it is his favorite too and told me how fresh the fish was!! I am all about fresh fish!! The best fish and chips I've had in the 5 years I've been in the UK, loved it!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had chips from here twice whilst on holiday. The chips are soft & floppy - just how I like them! The generous portion of fish was really nice. The cod was white, firm & flaky while the batter was crisp. The homemade fishcakes are tasty compared to the normal frozen variety. Bit expensive but prices typical of seaside. It was busy but the staff were friendly & efficient.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leicester, United Kingdom
“More staff needed!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Not a cheap place, had to wait 25min once they had taken the cash, everyone was moaning about the wait!
More staff required or your rep will sink like the titanic!
3 out 10

“Very average fish and chips”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Not sure why this place has so many good reviews. Service was good but food was very average. Past reviews must have been by people who don't know what good food is. Not recommended.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Good fish n chip shop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Firstly, I would like to say that we are spoilt with excellent fish n chips living in hull, but this chip shop lived up to the good ones in our home town so must be good! The portion sizes are just right, the service friendly and the food was, as I say, on par with our best chippies, which is why only the average rating, if we were not so spoilt I'm sure this would have rated ver good!

• Visited July 2014