“best break away ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 108 Newquay B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“best break away ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

id like to thank Ashley and cindy at jasmine house for such a fantastic, relaxing, and amazing long weekend away. i stayed here in February with my 3 kids after excellent recommendations from friends in brighton, and im pleased to say i wasn't disappointed. i cant say what was happiest with, my warm welcome, the accommodation (with rabbits, chickens, ducks etc) or the breakfast! its was amazing, my kids were blown away and it added an extra special added extra to my kids trip which i will always be grateful for. Cant wait to come back.

Room Tip: the family room is perfect
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, room was too hot, dado rail was hanging down,there was a couple of things under the bed not previously cleaned up, first morning hash browns were cold and hard in the middle,forgot the butter, the second night well, owners had friends around and until gone midnight doors were constantly slamming next to our room where they were playing pool with there friends,next morning we didn't even have breakfast we were gone by 8, having little sleep and being pissed off, took my money though!, had a email from owner later that day saying how sorry they were and that she had given me a refund for Saturday night, well just looked at bank statement, surprise surprise no refund!!!, won't be staying there again

• Stayed March 2014
jasminehousenewquay, Owner at Jasmine House, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Fistly I will add we told you both we were having a few friends round for a game of pool and said to you if we disturbed you just to knock on the door and we would tell everyone to leave and it was 11.30 not midnight as stAted. Something under the bed is pure fabrication just trying to find more reasons to complain I actually pulled the bed out and hoovered under the bed before your arrival.as to the refund I sent you an email to apologise and was waiting for a response but did not get one, so knew you had Intensions to write me a bad review. Know the type after 12 years. It's funny how people Always mention the negatives and not positive and I know there are a Few quite frankly I wouldn,t want you to stay here again .i have to wonder when people write reviews do they actually look and their own homes the way they do a B and B also I know we can't please everyone. But do try out best. I really don't think people realise how hard we actually work so please cut us a bit of slack as I am loosing the will to live
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

After a one night stay in January I did not hesitate to book the four of us in on buisness . We each had our own (I had room 3 ,a little palace ! ) and the lads were not disappointed . Cindy and Ash made us more than welcome ,did us a great breakfast every day and rooms were tided and replenished daily .My only question is how do they do it for the money they charge ? Will definitely return again weather it's buisness or pleasure ,thanks again ,Jon and the lads .

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here last august. Although it was good value and excellent location. Our whole stay was a nightmare. Although the owners were nice and I fully understand their personal situation, we did not pay to have to deal with their situation, we paid for a family stay.

The room was filthy and pictures can be provide to support this. We spent our first day cleaning the room as we did try to get other accommodation but at peak season everywhere was fully booked.

We stayed in the games room in the annex.

It was a hot week but we couldn't open the windows because the outdoor smoking / decking area is level with both windows in the room. The back yard was unusable as there was dog muck everywhere.

We could only use the free WiFi if we sat outside the front door to the main house.

All in all the location is the only thing going for this place.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
jasminehousenewquay, Owner at Jasmine House, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Well well here we go, I can't believe someone would write a review 7 month later. I am fed up with people nit picking . You show pictures of neglect apparently. Firstly being a surfing area the pictures of the surf board apparently being dirty is not so what you are seeing is wax which is what surfers put on their boards before they surf a hobby my husband enjoys.also the mark on wall was someone slamming the handle into the wall something you cannot deal with in peak season. But has been now. Oh and whoops a hair and a cob Webb such a badly neglected place we are running, I have to wonder if the world could be so perfect. I reflect on reviews like this and say I have to really wonder want people really expect in this world today. I know we run a descent bed and breakfast and this review is what we expect. But I will say if you were so angry and felt our place was so dirty and neglected then why did you not write your review last year.very sad.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here alone on my first trip alone away from home. Was really lovely place and very homely. Owners are super friendly and excellent value for Money. The location was perfect as it's only a short drive from Newquay town zoo and aquarium. Not far from other towns within Cornwall too. Really pleasant atmosphere within the bnbs.

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The bathroom was very clean as was the room.Nothing was too much trouble for them even down too cooking the our dog breakfast.Ample parking will be staying again.WIll be tecomending to all our frinds on isles of scily.very friendly owners

• Stayed November 2013
Exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

What a real gem! A great value B&B with friendly and charming hosts. This is a family home and Cindy and Ashley obviously care about their guests.

My room was sweet smelling, clean, warm, cared for and well equipped. Big flat screen TV with all Freeview channels. There were also nice touches like the embroidered linen,cushions and valance. Small fridge and sweets.Spacious en suite bath and power shower.

My JRT and I LOVED that we were SO close to the beaches of Newquay. Lusty Glaze is just a 10 minute walk away (not counting the steps down to it of course!) To its right is Porth beach (via SW Coast Path). Tolcarne, Great Western, Towan is to left - a continuous walk via low tide (or 'secret' cave though the rocks :-)). Continue on to the harbour up to SWCP around corner to Fistral beach and Pentire Headland, drop down to the Gannel and Crantock beach ..... I could go on and on. A walkers dream.

The B&B is literally accross the road from shops for paper, pasties, provisions etc. and free parking is outside.

Breakfast was generous and filling. I didn't need lunch that's for sure.

I Love Newquay and all it has to offer for walks with me and JRT. This B&B allowed me to go visit, feel again that wonderful North Atlantic wind and hear the crashing waves for a very fair price out of season.

Does Jasmine House it have its faults and failings? Yes, of course it does - it's a family home. My own home has its flaws too.

All things considered, it's a real bargain.

Would I visit again?

Oh yes! Am already booked for next week.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Jasmine House? Share your experiences!