“Marina Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newquay
Marina Hotel
You added Marina Hotel to your Saves list
Narrowcliff, Newquay TR7 2PL, England   |
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Newquay
Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
“Marina Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

On arrival was met with the question have you booked, there was no paperwork for us, first thoughts were not good, that was sorted and were given our room, my impression was that apart from needing a cosmetic uplift ( paintwork etc ) it was quite good, albeit it was a back room on the top floor, we were there for four nights, the excellent service received from all staff and quality of meals outweighed the shabby paintwork, good entertainment too, so don't be put off by the appearance, get under the skin its worth it !!

Room Tip: front rooms, less pigeons and seagulls
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thanks for your comments I am glad that the initial confusion was soon cleared up for you and did not spoil your holiday. I agree the the front rooms are worth the little extra expense they offer fantastic views across the beaches.

We hope to see you again as a returning customer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

my husband and i stayed here for 4 days on a national holiday trip. our room was very nice and large, staff were great happy and friendly, food and entertainment good we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review its always a real pleasure to hear back from guests who have had such an enjoyable experience I will pass on your comments to the staff and hopefully we will see you return to us at some time in the future.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

had a great stay at this hotel, staff excellent, food good,kevin the driver very good and polite pity about some of the guests who like to moan about anything.would stay again no problem well worth the money

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, I agree we do provided excellent value for money a comment backed up by the regular feedback we get from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My fiance and i stayed here for a 5 day break, the hotel itself looks ok, view from room very good, the staff friendly and polie, but thats the only good thing i can say, the room was full of cobwebs, dirty the bedding not changed once in 5 days, the bathroom was disgusting, i would not let my dog sleep in there, as for the food, dont expect to be full after a meal, very small portions and rubbish I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!! :-(

• Stayed May 2013
I was sorry to hear that your room was unsatisfactory the rooms are reguiarly checked for cleanliness I can only apologise if this was missed. With regards your comments on portion sizes these usually do not have negative comments however if you had required more merely ask the restaurant staff and a larger portion could have been provided for you.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just got back from a 5day break with National Holiday. My husband and I had a wonderful time. Firstly the coach driver Dave was brilliant he was very informative and took us to various places in Cornwall,places we would not have visited if we had gone solo. Next the Hotel Marina, a bit dated but had wonderful views over the beach. We requested a twin room, but were given a large room with 3 beds in. The room was very spacious and spotlessly clean, the shower room certainly needs updating but was also very clean. Thanks to the cleaner Trish. The food was 4* nice choice, piping hot and served by Shirley a very attentive and polite young lady.We enjoyed the evening entertainment in fact all the staff couldn't do enough for us. A very enjoyable trip we will certainly return (in the summer) and again travel with Natoional Coach's. Thanks everyone for a very enjoyable trip.

Room Tip: If you have walking difficulties ask for a ground floor room. There is no lift.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the lovely review I am really pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Marina Hotel, I will feedback your comments to the staff at our next meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the Summer fingers crossed we will have better weather for you at that time.
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed 4 nights with National Holidays 1st April. Arrived after a 9 hour journey from Yorkshire to see the front of the hotel had scaffolding and netting up. I was on a Superdeal but had paid £40 extra for a single room with sea view which added a large percentage to the standard (very reasonable) holiday cost. In view of the extra that I'd paid, I was rather disappointed by the basic facilities in the room.
The TV was an old style portable with 5 stations; the carpet was a bit tea stained and had a threadbare patch ( but it was freshly vacuumed and the walls also seemed quite recently painted); the radiator was stone cold and the over-bath shower had been removed and replaced by a large plastic jug! I soon got over my initial disappointment: the view was great; the radiator was turned on within 5 minutes of asking and the bed was comfy.
The meals were very nice with sufficient choice and quantity. I didn't hear any complaints and saw lots of clean plates which were swiftly removed by the very pleasant and efficient waiting staff - Shirley and Sam are both assets to the hotel and do a good job.
I'd judge the hotel as good rather than very good but that isn't an option. I'd be happy to book this holiday again in the future. Taking everything into account- travel, sea view, meals, entertainment and trips- it represented good value for money and was very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
I am pleased you enjoyed your hoiliday with us, with regards the scaffolding unfortunately when essential repairs are needed we obviously need to make the repairs immediately, we did take off any rooms affected though so as not to spoil the view from the rooms.

We do represent good value for money I believe and this seems to be backed up with the comments fed back to us by our guests, the sea views are amazing as the majority of guests will agree.

I will pass on your remarks to Sam and Shirley and hopefully we will see you again in the future.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

stayed at this hotel for a long weekend had a front room with a beutiful sea view . the room was large and the sheets and towel were brilliant white , entertainment was very good , food was good and the staff were all very friendly . we went with national holidays nice friendly driver and good value for money

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank your for your lovely review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Marina Hotel, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff.

I agree that the sea view rooms offer a fantastic view across Tolcarne and am pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Been to Marina Hotel? Share your experiences!