“"Yet another good time"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newquay
Marina Hotel
You added Marina Hotel to your Saves list
Narrowcliff, Newquay TR7 2PL, England   |
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Newquay
dewsbury
“"Yet another good time"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have just come back from another great time at the Marina (about our sixth visit) once again we went with National Holidays. Always a warm welcome from the excellent and friendly staff, who always remember us. Our rooms were spot on warm and cosy clean and comfortable, was a the bathroom was a decent size and plenty of hot water.Meals once again were excellent and the service was first rate and friendly waiter/ waitress always a smile for you. Bar staff also service with a smile. Entertainment is really good and they work really hard and also do the bingo and quizzes.We will be going back to the Marina early in the New Year thanks again to all the staff for a good time

Room Tip: We like rooms 41/42 they are cosy and quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We always enjoy welcoming back guests to the Hotel and it wasl ovely to see you all again.I agree with your comments on rooms 41 and 42 they are lovely rooms and in a quiet area of the hotel just right to relax in.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff and on behalf of myself and all the team here at the Marina Hotel I look forward to seeing you again in the new year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

A warm greeting and a clean comfy room.Choice quality and service of food exceptional.The memorable part of the stay was the willingness of staff to "muck in" in every way to make sure we were entertainrd well.Their charity nights are great fundraisers for good causes so if you have any unwanted gifts suitable for the raffle take them along.The sight of Katherine (duty manager)in her haloween cat costume was unforgettable!

Room Tip: first flor sea view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for your lovely remarks, I am so pleased that you enjoyed the charity night here at the Hotel. The staff do an excellent job in raising money for our chosen charity but its all thanks to the continued generosity of our guests over the year that enables us to do this.

I will be sure to pass on your comments about Kath in her cat costume and I hope we will see you back here at the Marina Hotel.
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from the 08/10/2012 i think we had the same room as Carol from Darlington on the 26/9/2012 as we had a leak on the toilet .i reported this six time in four day nothing happened just towels to put on floor. This is not away to run a hotel as it must be going through the floor. This was the only thing that let in down, food was good and Sam the waiter was quick serving food .Entertainment was good also was bar staff where quick no waiting. I must give a big thanks to Steve

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea are well worth the money
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments, I can only apologise with regards the leaking toilet in your bathroom this has been looked at and a new toilet is now in place. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Sam and the Bar Staff at our next meeting.

I hope that we will welcome you back to the Hotel at some future point.
Bridlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Second visit this year to this little gem of a hotel. Very warm welcome from superb and attentive staff (most of whom actually remembered me-is that good or bad ?). Meals again first rate and service fast and efficient and always served with a smile. Met Jason the manager for the first time, found him friendly, proffesional and helpfull.
Enjoyed another fun 'pink' night raising funds for various charities, though good entertaining nights all week. Have booked another stay next January and already looking forward to it. Staff always approachable and willing to chat, nothing is to much trouble.
You will find no better value for money anywhere in Cornwall, rooms are clean and tidy and well serviced by excellent staff. A short stroll and you are in the center of town, what more could you ask ?
Looking forward to many more visits.

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms 4 and 40 (both singles) would pick 40 as a preference.Its at the back of the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I am pleased that you put such a wonderful review down for us and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, it was lovely to meet you. I will pass on your comments to all the staff at our next meeting.

I notice you enjoyed the Pink Night, this is something the staff and I are proud of as we raise a good amount of money each year for deserving charities both local and national and its always amazing the generosity of our guests, without their input this just would not be as successful.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just returned from our 3rd visit to the Marina and once again it delivered a fantastic break, the usual friendly welcome from the manager and lovely warm feeling as you walked through the door where we were met by the lovely Callum who took our cases up to the room which was of great help to us [ thanks Callum ] .

A great value holiday with a good choice of meals adequate portions and great service served with a glass of red or white wine, and as if that wasnt enough we had 4 drinks vouchers each per evening giving us a total of 24 drinks between us during our stay !!! .

We had a back view room this time and were not dissapointed as our view looked over fields in the distance which was very pleasant The room was large with 3 beds which meant we could lay out our stuff with ease, beds were comfy and clean with plenty of hot water , altho' I did miss my sea view this room did not dissapoint [ room 70 ]

The entertainment was good with the nightly games of Bingo and a quiz before the artist came on, we had a singer called Steve who was also told a few jokes and was very good , there was also another funny man called Phil Lately who was very good and done a daft impression of Elvis,he had to put up with a very rude man talking through his act and I thought he handled the situation very professionally. Kathleen was also good a very pretty entertainer who also doubles as receptionist. A big mention to all the bar staff who were lovely as were the dining staff.

We have booked again and are looking forward to returning to the Marina in January and February for more of the same

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thasnk for your lovely comments on your stay at our hotel I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff.

We always enjoy having repeat customers who still enjoy staying with us and I agree that although the sea view rooms are lovely the view from room 70 across the fields is also very pretty.

We look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again at some point in the future.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

just returned from a fab weekend with National , was fun, fun ,fun , food good , entertainment was canny, bingo every night , room was very good and clean , staff as i remember them , lovely , one holiday we will return to in the future, well done National , not let down again , hols are what they are , are what you make of them ,we have no complaints , met some wonderful people , had some laughs , a holiday to remember , thank you all at the Marina

Room Tip: single rooms , ground floor great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your lovely comments on you stay at the hotel I am really pleased you had such a lovely holiday with us and I hope we see you return to visit us again. I will pass on all your comments to the staff.
Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

stayed at the marina with national holidays on the 21st september rooms clean bathroom needs up dating toilet leaked reported nothing done just a towell wrapped round. Food good well done Sadie you kept smiling even when people were moaning. Entertainment was excellant. Norman our driver needs a medal as our journey home was nightmare. good value all round.

Room Tip: sea view worth the extra
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Marina Hotel, I can only apologise that the repairs to your toilet were not rectified during your stay.

I will pass on your comments to Sadie when I see her, thanks again.

Been to Marina Hotel? Share your experiences!