“Great Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have now visited Odds twice in the last 5 weeks. The food is excellent with great care taken by the Chef with presentation. Service is first class and of course the location and views from the dining area are breathtaking. As we ate we watched the sunset over the sea. On the pricey side but the quality of the food is well worth paying that bit extra. About 6 miles outside Newquay in Cubert.

Visited September 2012

Newquay, United Kingdom
“A little disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I took my girlfriend and her parents here for her 30th birthday. I booked a room for 8.00pm.
We arrived and had a drink before being showed to our table. Nice real ale but in bottles!!
When we got to our table, which did have the most fantastic view but unfortunately was next to a table of around ten other people of which two of then were very very drunk and noisy.
The waitress was short, dismissive and rude.
My food was good but my girlfriend and dads duck dish (can't remember what it was called) was not duck!! But was in fact the darker chicken meat. I did ask the owner about this and he did assure me that it was duck. Now three people had tasted the dish and all had said it was chicken. For the owner to dismiss my claims i thought was very very bad, without coming to check our dishes. I know what duck tastes like!!!!!!!!!!!
Throughout the night the drunken guests at the table next to us got loader and loader without a word being said by the waitress or owner.
All in all, i won't be going back there or recommending it to anyone.
Great views and situation and that's about as far as it goes. big let down.....

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Truly Scrumptious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

What can I say; from the outside it looks like a bus shelter, but once you get inside and walk downstairs the setting is beautiful. Having just come back from a long weekend in Newquay we booked a table at Odds after it was recommended by the hotel we were staying in. The view from the table was lovely, and we were lucky enough to catch the amazing view of the sunset. The menu options are limited but we still found it hard to choose. When the food arrived the portions looked small, but tasted gorgeous and filled you up more than expected. Such fresh ingredients cooked perfectly, no faults. When it came to the pudding and deciding if we could fit one in or not, I was so glad we did. I must say the best chocolate cheesecake I have ever tasted. Overall experience 10/10. We defiantly be going back next time we are in the area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Truro, United Kingdom
“Lovely views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great location with lovely views.
Food was good, a bit expensive for what we had but location makes up for that.
One waitress who served us was v good

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Fantastic views , friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went to odds on Friday evening as a family night out. Fantastic views, good service, great food. My only criticism would have been a slightly larger menu.

• Visited August 2012