“Cream Tea at its best” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
“Cream Tea at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a lovely time at the Rusty Bucket. My Mum (whom I sadly lost in May 2013) highly recommended it and often visited enjoying their company and food.
My husband and I visited with our dogs, yes that's right well behaved dogs can also go in and are offered a treat :)
We enjoyed a cream tea and it was lovely, the people serving were lovely, helpful and polite.
Great value for money, very nice amosphere, not hurried in any way, delicious food and really relaxing.
I would highly recommned a visit and will be returning in July myself

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RustyLooe, General Manager at The Rusty Bucket Coffee Shop, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for such an encouraging review, it is greatly appreciated. I hope your dogs also enjoyed their treat. No matter how many legs (2 or 4) we try and make our guests feel relaxed and welcome.
Take Care,
Paul on behalf the RB Team

Hednesford, United Kingdom
“Repugnant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Horrible cheap stale bread...uncooked oven chips...terrible food and not cheap for what it is! The herbal tea was nice though!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
RustyLooe, General Manager at The Rusty Bucket Coffee Shop, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Carl D, It's a funny old world. Two days after receiving notification from Tripadvisor that we have received an Award for Excellence certificate for 2013 we also receive our first negative review of the year. I can only offer my sincere apologies if your visit to us was indeed as you describe it. I do hope that you made your feelings known at the time, although I have not been informed, as we would most certainly have dealt with your concerns promptly and with your best interests at heart.
Once again if we did fail I do apologise on behalf of the RB team.
For the record - we don't buy cheap to enhance profit and we do not use oven chips. We try our utmost to ensure that our guests enjoy their time at the RB and again I can only apologise if you feel we let you down.
Please feel free to contact the coffee shop, ask for Paul and we can discuss your concerns.
“Wonderful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Wonderful location, served by wonderful people, had a wonderful piece of chocolate cake with coffee. Went back again with the family and they too enjoyed it. Wonderful experiance for a seaside location.

RustyLooe, General Manager at The Rusty Bucket Coffee Shop, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Apologies for the delayed "Thank you". It is a great encouragement to receive such a post.
“Very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in as a way of shielding from the rain having been to the beach. The staff were very friendly even when confronted with two boys in bad moods. Coffee and hot chocolate was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RustyLooe, General Manager at The Rusty Bucket Coffee Shop, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hi there, firstly my apologies for not acknowledging your comments earlier - no excuses, just sorry. We do like to think of ourselves as welcoming and friendly whether rain or shine. Thanks so much for popping in and next time please do remember that even if the sun is shining we are here to serve - take away available if the beach calls!
Paul
The RB Team
Derby
“Family friendly coffee shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Close to East Looe beach, and really worth the extra few yards, to visit The Rusty Bucket which as 2 floors of family friendly dining space, couple with great food and drinks, all at very reasonable prices.

Visited April 2013