“excellent food and highly attentive service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Land's End Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Land's End
Land's End Hotel
You added Land's End Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sennen, Land's End TR19 7AA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Land's End
Penarth - Vale of Glamorgan - Wales
“excellent food and highly attentive service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Land's End Hotel serves excellent food and the service highly attentive - which is a great bonus when travelling round Cornwall playing gigs. The staff at the hotel really did their best to ensure I had a good stay. My room was clean and well equipped. My dinner was delicious and the restaurant setting was stunningly beautiful. The breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view. It costs more - but it is worth it.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Nathan H, Manager at Land's End Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greetings from the Land's End Hotel and thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us here at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again next time you are gigging in our neck of the woods!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Poole, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is in a stunning location, overlooks the cliffs, as the restaurant room, it is breathtaking. The room was very small but charming. But had not got any heating since a long time apparently. We luckily checked in at 4.30pm so turned it on and went for drinks, and dinner.

The staff in the restaurant/bar was very unprofessionnal. No smile, no service, speak with each other ignoring you, tells you to go and get a table for two without even walking you to the dining room... Our dessert arrived when nobody had cleaned our main dishes yet. Our neighbours ordered a bottle of wine which arrived but the glasses never did, they had to go and ask again. Very disappointing. When we got back to the room it was still very cold. Irony of the offer they do "winter warmer". Breakfast was very good and varied. Same staff, still unprofessionnal, they stomp and are noisy.

Also when checking in we didn't get informed there was a wifi. We were informed we could go for free to any attractions of the Land's End centre, but we were not informed it is closed during winter. We were not there to go, but pretending to give free access to something which is closed is lame.
When checking out, the receptionnist didn't ask if we had a good night, it seemed it didn't matter.
Also further in the hall out of our bedroom (18) a in-room service tray with dirty dishes was on the floor the whole time, it never got picked up.
Everything was cold, from the room to the welcoming. I had booked for my partner's birthday. Very disappointing.

The situation of the hotel is amazing but the staff, too unprofessionnal, makes it terrible.

Room Tip: Don't go in winter, it's freezing.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Nathan H, Manager at Land's End Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello from the Land's End Hotel and thank you for your review. Firstly may I apologise that on this occasion we were unable to deliver the experience which you expected. I am surprised by the experience which you had in the restaurant, especially that your neighbours had ordered a bottle of wine but no glasses arrived as wine glasses are placed on the tables before service commences. I will ensure I speak with the staff on duty to highlight your comments about the manor in which you felt they acted. My apologies with regards to the mis-communication regarding the attractions. Free entry to the attractions is included in your stay at the hotel however they are currently closed as an exciting new Shaun The Sheep attraction is being installed. I have spoken with the reception team to ensure the communication is clearer moving forward from the points highlighted. The guests down the corridor had received room service the evening which you had eaten in the restaurant and had placed their tray outside when they finished their meal, unfortunately it was not collected until housekeeping came in, the following morning. I am glad you enjoyed our location and thought that the breakfast was very good and varied. My apologies once more for the points raised and I hope you will return again in the future.
west midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent four nights bed and breakfast winter warmer rate with sea view.
We enjoyed our stay enormously and were blessed with beautiful weather !!
Staff were cheerful, helpful ad efficient and the food was appetising with good range of choices.
Room was clean and comfortable,with generous tea tray and the sea views and sunsets were excellent.
The winter warmer rates were excellent value for money although food was ,we thought rather expensive - but this not unusual in cornwall.
Overall we had a very happy break and would certainly visit again in the future

Room Tip: Sea views offer spectacular sunsets. We preferred first floor as there is no lift!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Nathan H, Manager at Land's End Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greetings from the Land's End Hotel and thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your four night stay on the winter warmer offer and had the opportunity to take in some of the fantastic winter sunsets. I will pass on to the team your compliments about them being cheerful, helpful and efficient and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Portland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

My husband and I got married at the hotel a year ago and had an amazing day, the whole process from enquiring about their wedding package to the actual wedding day was smooth and stress free. We travelled 200 miles with 50 wedding guests who all stayed at the hotel. The food was amazing, and the service first class. The team at the hotel worked tirelessly to make our day perfect.
We decided to return to the hotel for our first wedding anniversary. From the moment we stepped through the door we were looked after, the staff were polite attentive and helpful. The rooms although a little tired were immaculately clean and well equip. Our evening meal was delicious and the restaurant setting was beautiful. The breakfast was lovely with a choice of hot and cold breakfast buffet. We will defiantly be recommending the hotel and we will be returning soon. Many Thanks to all that made our stay at the hotel great!!

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a sea view although is costs a little more it is well worth it!!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Nathan H, Manager at Land's End Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Greetings from The Land's End Hotel and thank you for your review. We always look forward to welcoming guests back, especially for an anniversary. We are so pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your wedding day. We always endeavour to provide the perfect day which is tailor made to your requirements. I will pass on your kind words about the staff to the team and communicate how happy you were with the food to our head chef. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
ATLANTIC BEACH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I guess you go cause you must if in the area. The views and landscape are amazing and a must . The hotel on the other hand is such a diss appointment . Though the staff are friendly.The very scenic conservatory was closed off . The menu was plastic and the whole interior had the look of a fast food chain

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Hello from The Land's End Hotel, I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and enjoyed the views and the landscape. When you visited an area of the Restaurant was closed to allow it to be set up for dinner service, however there was still a large conservatory area which is always open with sea views overlooking the Longships Lighthouse. The menus are printed on a matte laminate paper and replaced regularly to ensure they are always in good condition. Being one of the most popular landmarks in Cornwall we do experience coach parties visiting which we welcome and this should not effect the experience of other guests. I personally like the contemporary look of the restaurant which was refurbished 2 years ago, however I can appreciate that it is not to everyone's taste. I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to provide the experience which you expected.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

This is a little gem and quite the bargain for what was a memorable visit staying at the very tip of the country. The setting is of course spectacular, the hotel appears to have been recently refurbished, bed was very comfortable, and the staff were all friendly. Being a guest at the hotel, you get free parking and free admission to all the Land’s End attractions. Also, there is the bonus that once the park closes, it becomes nice and quiet as it is just the guests of the hotel. They do some lovely cocktails and it is a perfect place to have dinner watching the sun set. The food was delicious as well. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Then Land's End Hotel and thank you for the kind words which you have written in your review. I am glad you managed to take advantage of the free pass to see the visitors attractions and that you experienced the quietness of the evenings at this unique location. The sunsets can be amazing and we invite guests to join us for dinner or a cocktail whilst taking it in. I will pass compliments to the chef and we will look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

My husband an I decided to stay here while traveling around Cornwall. Unfortunately there were no sea view rooms available and the room we had was on the top floor with multiple flights of stairs which were very difficult to access with several suitcases. I was surprised that we were not offered assistance with our luggage. The room was bright and clean but very small. There was nowhere to put the luggage and no chair to sit on. To access the plug for the hairdryer you had to crawl under the desk. For many people this is not a problem but it is if you have bad knees etc.
On the plus side the food at this hotel was excellent. We had a delicious supper and very good breakfast.
I would stay at this hotel again if I had a different room

Room Tip: Higher floor has many stairs. Wi Fi was poor. Room was small and warm
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello from Land's End and thank you for your comments. I am sorry that on this occasion you were not offered assistance with your luggage and will enquire as to why this happened as this is not the usual service we offer. Our rooms which have sockets behind the units have been supplied with an extension lead to make access to the plugs easier, and extra leads are available from reception. As some of our rooms are smaller than others we try to balance what is in each room dependant on the size. The more you fill a room the smaller the room feels, however all rooms have a luggage stand which is located in or beside the wardrobe. I am glad you enjoyed the food at the hotel and we will look forward to welcoming you back again in a sea view room very soon.

Been to Land's End Hotel? Share your experiences!